Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
lionsfan7705

Batch priming from slimline

Going to make 1st attempt at batch priming tonight ... Shooting for 2.4 CO2 ... Dissolve 15 tsp into 2 cups boiling water, cool, then add to slimline and rack beer on top, gently swirl to mix then bottle away!
Looking for conformation of process, not necessarily amounts. This brew is a straight up 2.5 gal American Wheat!

Thanks in advance!

There is no reason to use 2 cups of water. I use 1 cup, some use 1/2 cup. The more water you use the more you dilute the overall beer.

When transferring to the slimline, use either a piece of hose that is put into the slimline or a bottling wand (much slower). If using the hose, do not turn it on full, it will cause some aeration. I find that about 3/4 open is as fast as I want to go.

Of course make sure to sanitize the slimline including running solution out the tap.

i agree with rick, but i use 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water 1/2 for an lbk, 3/4 for 5 gallons. haven't had a problem getting it to dissolve the sugar (both cane and corn) yet.(knock wood)

Thanks for all the quick replies! Does the Borg ever fail?!
Planned on using bottling wand for transfer, have all the time I need for this to go smoothly!
Probably eliminate the swirling, unnecessary risk?

I will make good beer!

As others said less water, typically I use 3/4 of a cup but have thought of reducing it. When I transfer from lbk I use a piece of hose long enough to go into the slimline and curve around the bottom to create a natural swirling action. I will gently stir with a sanitized spoon for good measure. Then bottle from slimline with the bottling wand.

"lionsfan7705" post=386458 said:

Clearly you haven't read the New Joke Section (http://community.mrbeer.com/forum/12-community-drain-pipe/199646-new-joke-section) or you wouldn't ask that question... :laugh:

Some are very good, many are very bad. Really bad. Like I can't believe you spent time typing that... :laugh: And then there's the "I think I'll put last week's joke in again"...

"RickBeer" post=386470 said:

Clearly you haven't read the New Joke Section (http://community.mrbeer.com/forum/12-community-drain-pipe/199646-new-joke-section) or you wouldn't ask that question... :laugh:

Some are very good, many are very bad. Really bad. Like I can't believe you spent time typing that... :laugh: And then there's the "I think I'll put last week's joke in again"...

I don't agree. That is meant to "cause" you to drink more. To get rid of the old stock, and cause you to brew more. There is a madness to our methods... :huh: or, maybe it's just madness. :woohoo: as long as we drink our beer, who cares?

like tom said i use enough hose to create the swriling action and i also stir every 4 bottles to insure the sugar don't stratify.

"yankeedag" post=386479 said:

I don't agree. That is meant to "cause" you to drink more. To get rid of the old stock, and cause you to brew more. There is a madness to our methods... :huh: or, maybe it's just madness. :woohoo: as long as we drink our beer, who cares?

I think many of the jokes could be counterproductive they are so bad. For instance, one decides to read some of the jokes while imbibing on some old stock as you put it. The joke is so bad that the reader slaps his forehead or worse, does a face palm. In doing so, perhaps because of drinking the old brews, they keep the bottle in their hand and konk themselves good. Knowing they are intoxicated, they flag down a policeman to get transportation to the hospital. The policeman notes the intoxication, along with the broken bottle, and arrests the Borg member for public drunkenness or worse - public fighting, drunkeness, and inciting a riot (broken beer bottle).

So now the "harmless" joke has caused tremendous damage. :whistle:

"RickBeer" post=386500 said:

"yankeedag" post=386479 said:

I think many of the jokes could be counterproductive they are so bad. For instance, one decides to read some of the jokes while imbibing on some old stock as you put it. The joke is so bad that the reader slaps his forehead or worse, does a face palm. In doing so, perhaps because of drinking the old brews, they keep the bottle in their hand and konk themselves good. Knowing they are intoxicated, they flag down a policeman to get transportation to the hospital. The policeman notes the intoxication, along with the broken bottle, and arrests the Borg member for public drunkenness or worse - public fighting, drunkeness, and inciting a riot (broken beer bottle).

So now the "harmless" joke has caused tremendous damage. :whistle:

if you use your loaded hand to face palm, you need to quit drinking that night anyway. Jail cells are great places to stop drinking. It's that waking up with a new boyfriend spooning you that is a bit off putting.

Can someone show me the post about what to use as an adapter for the slimline?

I use a siphon to transfer to slimline. Once its half way I pour in priming solution then fill the rest. I use a cup or 2 of water and 2.2 ounces of Dme for priming all my beers. Dip bottling wand into sanitizer for a lil lube. With enuf elbow grease it slides in. Then bottle. Sanitizing everything takes the most time. Most importantly, have a few beers during the procesd.