Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
philm00x

Thanks, everyone, for being so awesome.

In the 9 months I have been brewing at home, I never thought that this hobby would lead me to such great people as are you all. I've had so much fun learning and brewing and exchanging beers with members here, and I'm feeling very fortunate that my wife gave me the opportunity for all of this to happen.

Thanks,
Phil

Hear, Hear, I raise a glass to everyone as well and Thank you all :chug:

I totally agree! This site is great and I love brewing. I bless my wife for tolerating me through it all.

"The_Professor" post=387169 said:

Yeah, cheers to all the drunk, self starting, do-it-yourselfers.

Hey I resemble that! :party:

Cheers to my buddy Phil! :cheers:

Dat pic reminds me of the days of my misspent youth.

Don't discredit yourself in all of this Phil. You help out members on this forum often. Heck, it's pretty much all you that helped me learn how to steep grains, use qBrew, evaluate hop profiles... Heck, just about everything. You helped me make the Murican what it was. So thanks to you as well.

But, you are correct, the borg is freaking awesome! Thanks everyone!

"JimH" post=387224 said:

Don't discredit yourself in all of this Phil. You help out members on this forum often. Heck, it's pretty much all you that helped me learn how to steep grains, use qBrew, evaluate hop profiles... Heck, just about everything. You helped me make the Murican what it was. So thanks to you as well.

yeah you started me partial mashing and great answers on how to bring up my efficiencies in the BiB department.

"brewin bull" post=387230 said:

John.. you are scaring me a bit. :blink:

Yeah that kinda sounded like a farewell speech to me too. Say it ain't so. :unsure:

"Jim Johnson" post=387246 said:

"JimH" post=387224 said:

yeah you started me partial mashing and great answers on how to bring up my efficiencies in the BiB department.

Awww thanks guys. I try.

The smarta$$ in me was just going to say "You're Welcome!"

After further reflection and navel-gazing however, I must say that I regularly attend beer tastings at my local grocery, and there are some people there that are just insufferable snooty smartypants. I sit and sip and listen to them try to one-up one another. But here, it's not like that. And I trust the opinions here more because they come without all the bull.

"alb" post=387350 said:

The smarta$$ in me was just going to say "You're Welcome!"

After further reflection and navel-gazing however, I must say that I regularly attend beer tastings at my local grocery, and there are some people there that are just insufferable snooty smartypants. I sit and sip and listen to them try to one-up one another. But here, it's not like that. And I trust the opinions here more because they come without all the bull.

Agreed... beer bull is bull s@%t. KISS and have fun. Make beer you like 'cause your payin' to do it, no one is payin' you.

[attachment=14258]graphics-beer-073810_2013-02-09-3_2013-03-17_2013-07-17.gif[/attachment]