Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
LongbowLagerHead

Noob time

New guy here. I've been wanting to make my own beer for years. Luckily my wife knew this and got me a MrBeer kit for fathers day. Turns out Sears had them on discount for 12 bucks and since she works there, we got it for 9 bucks. I had to then go and get a second

Welcome! You made a wise move getting the second kit, especially at that price. Have you started a batch yet?

Such a deal! I was able to get my count up to 4 kegs at a Bed Bath & Beyond after-Christmas sale, and although I normally only have one going, it's nice having the spares and did have them all in use once.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll be a regular.

Thanks guys. Don't know why my entire first post doesn't show up, but yes I do have a second batch brewin. I wish I'd paid attention to this website at first, I reckon i woulda had more patience on my first batch. It turned out ok but I have a whole lot more faith that my second will be better.

Welcome, and just remember 3weeks in LBK with temp 65 to 70. And 4 weeks in bottles at room temp before you try one and also sanitize everything that comes in contact with the beer. Ask lots of questions the people on this forum can help you make great beer.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center LongbowlagerHead. You will be assimilated. Resistance is quite futile: we have beer.

Good points. Keep in mind that the temp inside the lbk can get 5-12+ degrees warmer than ambient temp. Most ale yeasts work best at consistent temps of 68-75 inside lbk. May need a few ice packs rotating to keep temps cool and consistent.