Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
macbeer

Gila monster blow out

Uh oh Gila monster ipa blow out in progress...I have a tray underneath..I hope it doesn't keep growing..I had to wipe the sides once not bad.

Welcome macbeer and yes while I have not brewed that one I have seen posts that the yeast party is something special.

We on this :borg: love pictures that share this wonderful experience with you. :whistle:

Holy moly! Wipe down the lid and the threads of the opening of the LBK with a sanitized washcloth or paper towel. With that kind of action, the CO2 is pushing out more than O2 can get in so you'll be all good. Just leave the lid loose on it after wiping, then close it back up when the party slows down. Gonna be a happy beer :)

I made a modified recipe by just using a 0.5toz of chinook in a small hop boil. The porter was catchy enuf by it self. After 5months conditioning, its well over 80 IBUs but very good. Its potent at 6.4abv. After 6 months conditioning, youll either have one or eight. #twiddlinng thumbs.

Should I let it sit in the bottle at rm temp. for around 4-6mos? I added the whole packet of saf. Is that too much yeast? I don't have room in my fridge to cold condition a lot of brews. Can I condition all my beers at mainly rm temp. Then put in fridge for a few days b4 drinking? I've been reading different views. I used to do 2-3-3 they've gotten better with age of course...I'd rather leave em at rm temp for a while.

You can leave them at rm temp for quite a while as long as you keep them out of the light :cheers:

"macbeer" post=388613 said:

Should I let it sit in the bottle at rm temp. for around 4-6mos? I added the whole packet of saf. Is that too much yeast? I don't have room in my fridge to cold condition a lot of brews. Can I condition all my beers at mainly rm temp. Then put in fridge for a few days b4 drinking? I've been reading different views. I used to do 2-3-3 they've gotten better with age of course...I'd rather leave em at rm temp for a while.

They're supposed to condition at room temp, not in the frig. Your proposed method is exactly correct.

"yankeedag" post=388638 said:

Are the MB instructions still telling the newbz to "cold" condition the beer?

The 2013 instructions on their website, are not telling them that. 14 days in the keg (never more than 21) and 14 - 21 in the bottle. http://www.mrbeer.com/images/pdf/MB12-Inst-850g.pdf

Who knows what the in the box instructions say, or if every instruction link, and video on the website matches up.

"RickBeer" post=388640 said:

"yankeedag" post=388638 said:

Are the MB instructions still telling the newbz to "cold" condition the beer?

The 2013 instructions on their website, are not telling them that. 14 days in the keg (never more than 21) and 14 - 21 in the bottle. http://www.mrbeer.com/images/pdf/MB12-Inst-850g.pdf

Who knows what the in the box instructions say, or if every instruction link, and video on the website matches up.

KNOCK KNOCK..is Mr Beer HOME? if so answer the door and/or change the directions for MUCHO enhanced home brew!!!

:charlie: :charlie: :charlie:

The krausen level is still pretty bubbly when will it go Down goin on 4th day? Was I supposed to use the full packet of Saf yeast?

My MH#9 Apricot pale ale went down pretty much after two days.

I now have a Moose Drool clone that is on day one, overflowed moreso than the MH#9
Hopefully just a day or two.

At 4 days, wow! that is some crazyness!

What is your temps?

I'm in 70-72 I know a little high but hopefully Saf will be ok hoping no off flavors...I just have it on my kitchen counter..I know it won't be ready to drink too December but I have another fermenter on its way gonna do my first mb cider.

Flavor should be fine, at the higher end of temps, but you should see
the krausen go down soon.

May just be happy little yeast! :drinking:

Ok day 5 of fermentation.i know don't open the keg!!!! It went down about half way.
230A5432-4ADB-4404-898A-F7DCC98FE2AF-103

Pretty funny how you keep saying you know not to take off the lid, as it allows for the potential that the batch gets infected. :laugh:

Haha I know...little to close to the out let electrified ipa...EIPA that's why the years ties are goin nuts!!

Ok I'm going on 3 weeks in the Lbk I still see a slight bubble or 2 coming up to the surface..should I let it ride another week?

macbeer, 3 weeks should be enough for the yeast to do what it has to do in the LBK. After 21 days, it's a pretty safe bet that you can bottle.