Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
johnbe

over carbonated beer

Will it help to refrigerated my beer, or leave it at room temperature . Will it ever settle down

It might help if you let it sit for 4 weeks, since from another thread it appears it's only 2 weeks. Then refrigerate 3 days, not 2 hours (also from another thread you posted).

Then, if it's still too carbed, unscrew the lid and vent it. Put it back, drink it tomorrow.

Depending on what you did, there may be no way to remedy this on this batch, i.e. if you put too much sugar.

+1 crack the lids to vent some gas and drink the next day if you used pet bottles. If you used glass 12oz bottles you will just have to live with it. Next time you bottle look at the screwy brewer chart it helps out a bunch.

There's a video around that shows what happens if you try to drink a brew after a week. two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, etc.

It's amazing how "overcarbed" beer in the first or second week really settles down after 4 to 5.

4 weeks room temp conditioning followed by 3+days in the fridge will give you a true idea as to whether it actually over-carbonated.

Why waste the beer you worked so hard to brew by opening it too early or under the wrong conditions?

"BigFloyd" post=389494 said:

4 weeks room temp conditioning followed by 3+days in the fridge will give you a true idea as to whether it actually over-carbonated.

Why waste the beer you worked so hard to brew by opening it too early or under the wrong conditions?

Thanks Ron for that vid. The last few wouldn't have looked so highly carbed if he didn't do such an aggressive pour.

You get the idea though.

I agree Floyd.

Time is your friend!