Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joechianti

Brewbirds Rock!!!!

Okay, I just got to share this with everyone here. I would have done so sooner, but work's had me on the run all week.

Last weekend my wife and I had the good fortune of visiting Michele and Andy at their home by the lake, our poor dried up lake with this stinking three year drought so far.

Anyway, we shared 4 or 5 of each other's beers and had a great dinner with grilled steaks and baked potatoes, great conversation about beer and brewing, and then they sent me home with a 6-pack sampler of their brews.

Their hospitality was only surpassed by the quality of their beers. I just had a Pale Ale with palisades hops and it was excellent. As good as anything I ever got in the stores, at any price. Those guys are learning fast, and I think they've passed me up already. But as long as we can get together again and share, I won't be jealous.

I was worried about my wife feeling out of place since she has no interest at all in drinking or brewing, but we all had such a nice time visiting, it didn't even matter. Next time we'll have to remember to snap off a few photos to post up here.

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Love it and meet-ups is what it is all about with this borg. Glad to hear y'all had a great time drinking & eating...looking forward to when we can meetup in Lake Travis / Lagos Vista area when I can make it back out and down to the Austin area.

Kudos to the host & hostess... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sounds like a fantastic time. But how about if you're gonna have your pitcher taken next time put yer teeths in.

Yeesh!

"Chuck N ™" post=389486 said:

Sounds like a fantastic time. But how about if you're gonna have your pitcher taken next time put yer teeths in.

Yeesh!

Oh man, you can't imagine what it's like. When I eat corn on the cob, it ends up with crop circles.

I was replying to this post while trying to cook dinner at the same time and lost the whole reply. :(

So here I go again...

If you get the chance to hang out with Joe don't pass it up. If you get the chance to hang out with his SWBO change every plan you had and do so ( she's a lot funnier than him :P )

Joe you know you are my :borg: broskie but I gotta tell ya' these youngsters with there brew day marathons and record setting orders are trying to leave you behind. And now my new :borg: buddy LorraineMontana is threatening to grab my funnybone attention. I know you got life stuff happening so you are still at the top of my list but I gotta warn you not to let the new bosses get to much of your attention. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"RangerDanger" post=389506 said:

Man, I didn't realize there were so many fellow Austinites on the Borg!

Whereabouts you located, Hunter? I'm in Pflugerville, and obviously the Brewbirds are in Lago Vista. Maybe we can set our sights on a get together before too long.

I was south...William Cannon and 290ish. But as of last weekend I guess I have to call myself a former Austinite. Ill be in Houston till the 2nd then the wifey and I are moving to Shanghai! A meetup would have been great though. As a noob I would love the chance to pick the brains of some vets firsthand. I feel like I'm just barely scratching the surface of this wonderful world of homebrewing!

"RangerDanger" post=389510 said:

I was south...William Cannon and 290ish. But as of last weekend I guess I have to call myself a former Austinite. Ill be in Houston till the 2nd then the wifey and I are moving to Shanghai! A meetup would have been great though. As a noob I would love the chance to pick the brains of some vets firsthand. I feel like I'm just barely scratching the surface of this wonderful world of homebrewing!

Physically meeting is very nice, and I'm sorry we never did meet up, but we're all together right here in spirit. I learned here, and you will too. You're in good hands. Shanghai sounds exciting. Good luck!

It's cool, some of ya'll meeting each other, but there are times when it is not best. For example, I met a guy that was on this forum, lived bout 30 miles from me. I scared him so dayum bad, he left the forum and quit brewing and may have left the state. I swear, I was on my best behavior. I don't think it was my drooling, eating worms or walking around naked had much to do with it, did it?

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Next time, it's pictures or it didn't happen!

I hope the neighbors have stories to tell.

"JohnDubya" post=389543 said:

It's cool, some of ya'll meeting each other, but there are times when it is not best. For example, I met a guy that was on this forum, lived bout 30 miles from me. I scared him so dayum bad, he left the forum and quit brewing and may have left the state. I swear, I was on my best behavior. I don't think it was my drooling, eating worms or walking around naked had much to do with it, did it?

No it couldn't have been that if he was from this forum. You didn't try running him over with your tractor did you?