Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
macbeer

Success

Well just brewed up I guess I'll call it chocolate stout..I used 1 can Irish stout, 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa...My first pour it looked great thick chocolatey head...I drank it outta of a frozen mug..forgot stouts taste better warmer..let it warm up and yum! Nice sorta light stout nice chocolate tones..I lost track of condition time...I think 4-6 weeks 3 days in fridge as my test pilot.

Also cleaning my pet's..I've been using dish soap but some of my bottles have sorta residue.....they might be old bottles. What do u guys use.

Dish soap is not a real good choice for cleaning it will leave a scum on the inside of the bottles. You will have better luck if you use oxyclean free. I buy it at Walmart just make sure you give it a good rinse out 

Silly question, but what kind of cocoa did you use (hershey, nestle, etc)? And did you use the powdered cocoa or liquid. This recipe looks good and I want to try it on my next batch. Thanks! 

I used 1/2 cup Hershey's powered cocoa and 1/2 cup light brown sugar..I didn't have any dark sugar..I think the Irish stout and the ipa ate the best mb has to offer. Then again I like heavy beers..