Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Roscoe1855

Ordered more stuff

I have my first batch in keg for one more week so I was looking thru mr. Beer website and well ordered two more of the little brown kegs then more recipes and ingredients I thought this would have been I cheap hobby lol but at least I have fun doing it. How often does mr beer have the specials anyone know? Also is a cold crash always a good idea for your beer if you can do it? Thanks

welcome to the borg....yea im hooked too, after seeing a mr beer kit for only $29 one day i thought ehh why not.and bout to start my 3rd batch

anyway had the itch to brew some more and found a local brewery store to save some cash on brew supplies not sure how often they have specials on mr beer tho but i do know they just had one

Yea I have bout and hour an half to my local supplier I wish I would have saved the address to the one in Sioux city Iowa 

Roscoe1855 said:How often does mr beer have the specials anyone know? Also is a cold crash always a good idea for your beer if you can do it? Thanks

Usually once a month or so, and there usually are some recipes discounted all of the time.  If you go to Mr. Beer's main web-site (http://www.mrbeer.com) look for a link down on the right that says "Save up to 25% on on sale products!"  That changes pretty regularly.

Also, they sometimes post Facebook only coupons, http://www.facebook.com/mrbeer

If you have the time and space to cold crash, yes it helps in keeping some of the trub out of your beer when you bottle.  IMO, worth doing if you can.  Don't sweat if if you can't.

I find 2-3 days is plenty to help drop particles out of suspension and clear up the beer. The only time I ever really do a cold crash though is if I didn't strain the wort when pouring into the LBK, or like a batch I bottled today that I dry hopped, so I can get the hop particles sunk down to the bottom. I'm not too particular about the beer appearing clear or cloudy. It won't change the taste of it.

Yep that would be the one glad a know how to same the site now thanks! Have you bought stuff from them before? Thanks again 

Nope. Just humbled by the people that have helped me along my journey here (what? It's been a whole month now!?) and returning the favor any way I can in the same spirit. 

(P.S. I Googled it)