Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
losman26

Danstar's Belle Saison yeast temps?

So I decided to give the MR. Beer Spring Seasonal another shot using the Belle Saison yeast.  Yeast was pitched at 68F and I have the ambient temp of the fridge at 66F.  Fermentation is quite vigorous right now.  Should I ramp up the ambient temp a little?  I could move it to my closet which has an ambient temp of 75F.  Or should I wait a few days?

if i was using this yeast... would fermenting it in the garage be too hot? i am in florida.

I have heard of people using it into the 90's.  I have a batch finishing up now.  Started at 70, ramped up around 2 degrees or so a day and finished around 85.  I probably should have kept better notes.

I second bumping the temps.  I got up to 78, and should have pushed it higher.  It was fine, but not as "saison-y" as I was looking for.  

If i am understanding this right, i can pretty much put the lbk anywhere & not really worry about controlling the temperature? I want to get a second lbk but there is not enough room in my little cooler.  What about carbing and conditioning temp?  Also. What styles of beer can this yeast be used for?

RMG said:If i am understanding this right, i can pretty much put the lbk anywhere & not really worry about controlling the temperature? I want to get a second lbk but there is not enough room in my little cooler.  What about carbing and conditioning temp?  Also. What styles of beer can this yeast be used for?

Yes and no regarding this specific yeast.  It likes warm, but you will get different flavour profiles at different temperatures.  Also, fermentation temperature can be quite a bit different from ambient so you have to watch that as well.