Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
bcltoys

Grain mill's

I have no doubt that the higher priced ones are better than the lower priced ones, but being short on funds, I use the approximately $25 Corona style mill and it does just fine, once you get the hang of it.

So far I have only used it for LBK size batches, usually 4 to 5 pounds of grain.  It's no great big deal at all, sometimes I run it through 2 or 3 times, but it really doesn't take that long.  I plan to use it whenever I do some 10 pounds of grain for 5 gallon batches.  It might save me a little time or effort with a larger, more precise mill, but on my brew days, I'm relaxing and having fun, so I set aside the time to enjoy it and not be rushed.  A motor boat is faster than a row boat, but I enjoy row boats a lot more, myself.  I guess it's a personal choice.  But I'm quite satisfied with the Corona mill.

what joe said.

i do 5 gallon batches

10lbs of grain

you will need a heavy duty drill motor, if you go that way

brewon

I've one like that cerial killer... paid about that much for it, I did take the crank handle off and just put my electric drill there, tightened the chuck, and HOT DAMN I had cradked grain.