Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Roscoe1855

How many bottles on a batch

I bottled first batch today and was wondering how many bottles you normally should get out of a batch I think I had 20 plus two of the mr beer plastic bottles just wondering afraid it didn't put enough in a few idk may be worring to much 

I typically get 18-19 12 oz. bottles.  A few times I achieved 20 bottles.  I tend to leave a little beer behind for the sake of avoiding the trub.

You would be well served to invest in a bottling wand. It will allow for the correct filling levels every time.

+1 to yankeedag's wisdom.  The bottling wand is worth it's weight  in gold.  It will ensure the proper amount of beer in each bottle every time, and it is very inexpensive.  A good investment, indeed. 

IF you put in the right amount of water, you should get 2.13 gallons of beer or 272.64 ounces.  However, you'll have trub on the bottom, and you don't want to pour that in your bottles.  In leaving that behind, you'll leave some beer behind.  If you're good, only a few ounces.

If you cold crash (I do with fruit beer), the trub becomes more solid and flows S-L-O-W-L-Y.  That allows you to get more beer into the bottles without the trub.

On the high side you'll get twenty-two 12 oz bottles.  Listen to the recommendation and get a bottling wand.  You should fill the bottles to about 1 1/2 inches from the top.  Using the wand, if you fill just to the top when you withdraw the wand the level is perfect.

I usually fill a 1/2 liter PET bottle first to be able to check for firmness during carbonation, then my 12 oz glass bottles.  I get one 16.9 and 21 12 oz normally.

I almost always get 21 12oz bottles.  I fill halfway between the 8.5 and the Q

Ok thanks also if I I did over sugar do I need to worry if I under filled them? I kida worried about bottle bombs since I used mr beer drops this time. Next time I will just measure thanks for all info 

I generally get 22 twelve oz bottles or 18 twelve oz and 3 sixteen oz flippies.

Usually I get my 8 PET 1 liter bottles filled and then have just enough to get 1 12oz bottle filled.  Have to tip the LBK a bit forward to get it filled though.