Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Btech117

DIY Home Brew Controller

A few months back I posted about having constant temperature fluctuation. Someone replied with a Do it your self Home brew controller for under 100 $ which I built and its working great to keep my ferment fridge cool. I believe the controller it self was a STC-1000 (reads in metric) The video showed how to make one outlet for the COOL (which you plug the fridge into) and a HEAT outlet. A few weeks later they also showed me a DIY heater element for the winter time made with a light bulb and paint can (Sorry I cant find the post now that the site has been updated) 

My new Question is : Does this J.C. have an ability to run HEAT and COOL IE: Fridge on cool and my paint bucket on the heater at the same time? In Nevada right now we are having HOT days and COOL nights. My fridge is in a mud room and stays at 20 Deg Celsius during the day but at midnight to 6 Am its doping in temperature below the 20 C. 

If the controller does not run a heat and cooling mode what can I do to keep the fridge from dropping below my 20 deg at night. Im affriad this is whats causing my beer to have off flavors. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

You can plug both a heater and cooler in at the same time and it will work.  When it gets too hot the cooler will kick in (after whatever delay you programmed).  If it gets too cold the heater will kick on.  However, you can not have both the heater and cooler on at the same time (unless you plugged both into the HEAT or COOL recepticle at the same time lol).