Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
steveabrous

3 days after bottling notice tiny bubbles forming at the top of a few bottles

I read somewhere that this could be residual CO2 from fermentation and that you see no bubbles during carbonation. Is this true? I don't remember bubles before after bottling. 1 has quite a few, the rest just a few and 1 seems to have the bbules going away. I just want to make sure its not going to explode. I didn't batch prime it this time as I wasn't sure how much beer I was going ot have so I use 1/2 tsp. per 12 o.z bottle, and a little more then 1/2 tsp. for the 16 oz. bottles.

Also I moved all the bottles downstairs last night so I'm thinking the move may have caused some of the bubble as I only saw them in two bottles prior.

I would say that it is form that move that could have cased them to bubble. I know when I move my beer they tend to get some bubbles. I think it is fine though, don't worry!

If you think of carbing as a mini fermentation, then it's not surprising to see a few small bubbles. I'm sure you're fine.

It could have been from the move and jostling them around a bit.

I have had a small ring of krausen form in the tops of the bottles on a couple of batches of mine. No bottle bombs though!