Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Crazed

Looking For Temp Control

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I posted here but I knew this would be the place to get some good leads.

Here is what I want to do, I am looking to get some sort of kegerator or dorm fridge at a height of 33 inches or less. I want to be able to put it on a temp controller so that I can use it as a conditioning chamber/dispenser. The problem is I dont want to blow several hundered to 1 grand on this. Id like to have a kegerator because it will fit the size I need plus be ready for a tap system, but the only ones I can find out there have everything with them i.e. co2 tank, lines, taps, kegs, etc. Which then makes them $1,000+  and all I  want is just the refrigerator unit alone cause I already collected all the extras over time. Does anyone know where I could find something like this?

Thanks

Keep an eye out around garbage days. That's how I got a perfectly good fridge only a couple years old. But yeah, Craigslist might work better if you don't have time to wait.

+1 on craigslist and use the stc-1000 controller

controller

as the stc-1000 switches between heat and cold automatically as needed here's the heater build

http://brewstands.com/fermentation-heater.html

building both of these is cheaper than buying 1 johnson controller and it don't automatically switch cool to heat you'll have to unplug one to plug in the other.  just fyi from someone on a fixed income.