Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
FJHET

A little brew help...Biere de Framboise

I am ready to bottle my Biere de Framboise. I let it go another week after a great suggestion from this forum. I am using Mr. Beer carbonation drops and my last brew (Powerful Patriot Ale) tasted lightly carbonated after using one Mr Beer carbonation drop. I use Grolsch swing top 15.2oz bottles. I am considering adding a little more than one drop per bottle this time. Possibly 1 1/4 or 1 1/3 drops this time. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'm thinking that you would be better to measure your sugar. If the MB drops are the same as Coopers drops, they will give you pretty high carbonation, which would be appropriate to the style, in a 12 ounce bottle.

I would not add more to them, 1 carbo drop should be fine, it may just need more time it depends on how long you let them carbonate for I always let mine go for 2 weeks.  Also +1 to what oly said, high carbonation would be good for that style. 

the "official" Mr. Beer priming recommendation for all beers is 1 teaspoon of table sugar for a 16 oz. bottle, 2 1/2 for a 1 liter bottle, and 3/4 for a 12 oz. bottle. Some people find that to be more highly carbonated than they like. The web site description of the priming drops seems to say that one priming drop is the same as 1 tsp sugar, so 1 drop should be right. If you don't have a good seal you might be losing some gas. 

You might try 1, 1 1/4,, 1 1/2, marking the bottles to indicate the amounts, and see how you like the results, but I'd be cautious about storage, since a bottle bomb in a glass bottle has the potential to be dangerous.