Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
bobdude1

I'm Hooked....

Just ordered another refill kit, hydrometer, thermometer, LME and LBK. I have a patriot Lager refill, so I stepped it up by ordering an LME to add to it. Also going to try the Bavarian Weissbier kit. When my wife got me the original kit, I don't think she thought about the "monster" she was going to unleash...LOL

Welcome, Bobdude!  You have a lot of fun ahead.  Your wife could end up happy too if you keep her tastes in mind for some brews.  I include some low calorie beers in my line-up, so mine stays happy.  Working around each other's kitchen schedules helps too. 

I only wish she liked beer, or any alcohol for that matter. She doesn't. She's good with one or two mixed Bailey's or a margarita that's about it :(  But, she doesn't stop me from making/drinking it.  

Maybe she'd like a cider. I don't know if my Nong Ciders are still listed here, but my wife loves them.

There is a Orange Cider

There is a Pumpkin Spice Cider

There is a Apple Pie Spice Cider

She likes the Pumpkin Pie Spice, but really loves the Apple Pie spice cider.. Just say'n

You're not alone.  My wife won't touch a drop of anything with alcohol in it.  But she's very tolerant of my drinking and very supportive with my brewing.  She has a high sensitivity to every medication there is, and even to a lot of food additives, so it's no wonder she doesn't like alcohol.  But she's very very good to me and as long as she is okay with me brewing and drinking, we're cool.  I am sad that I can't share my love with fermentable and distillable beverages, to be honest, but I do understand why, so I accept it.

"Why on earth did you marry her?   :)"

Easy, she puts up with me, lets me spend cash on my tools/cars-and now brewing- and makes more money than I do ....;) ;) LOL

Yea Joe,  we're just about in the same boat. 

I had a mr beer awhile back it went away 10 years ago lol but just was given one as a gift and just bottled first batch and and have Irish stout in the belly brewing away and this second batch smells awesome I put in some hop pellets and I can not wait to drink this. Next step is to either get another mr beer or a bigger home brew kit but I think the mr beer fits me I don't want to end up with cases of beer