Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
madman960

Brew Blonde Ale as is or use left over grains and hops from another brew?

I have a Mr. Beer Blonde Ale kit. I can extract, 1 bag booster, and yeast under lid.

I will have some Cara-pils, Vienna, and Crystal 10L left from my Centennial Blonde. I also have some Centennial and Cascade hops left as well. 

I will have half a pound of each grain and half an ounce of each hop left. 

My question is: How would you modify the recipe with these ingredients? Or should I wait until I place an other order and get more grain?

Thanks;

Bill

Thanks;

Bill

Hey Bill, now I'm sure you don't mean spent grains, cause if so I don't think I would reuse them for another brew.  So you could steep any of these grains for adding to the blonde ale. Carapils will improve dextrinous mouth feel and head retention, vienna adds a more rounding nutty-breadiness to the beer, and crystal adds a slight sweetness to a beer. If you wished to use all of them, maybe 1/4 lb  of carapils and crystal 10L each, and the full half pound of vienna would improve the beer while not being to much to work with.

Samueld;

I am not using spent grains. They are left over from another brew. Save the Centennial and Cascade for another brew?

Thanks;

Bill

You could use them. It all depends on what you are going for. Actually I would go ahead and suggest a 10 minute hop boil of your half ounce of cascade after the grain steep. It'll give nice citrusy myrceney flavors in the beer.