Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alcoholica

Measuring with a tsp to pitch dry ale yeast

Is one tea spoon enough dry ale yeast? I had to do a re pitch tonight....

Well I don't have scales but mr beer seems to use 5g of yeast in the packs under the lid... I've always heard a teaspoon equals 5 grams.. I'm sure it's close, BUT ! Ya know

Anyways the yeast that was Fromunda the lid of the High country Canadian is dead, obviously. It's been 50 some hours already and nothing...So I bought an 11.5 g bag of saf dry ale yeast locally and just added a tsp of it in the lifeless wort....  If anyone thinks I should add more or any other advice please chime in ..Thanks a million in advanced

Well heck maybe this will answer my own question,after researching I found this;

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_teaspoons_is_5_grams_of_yeast#slide2

So I just added another tsp.  I'm hoping for the best.. The same store that I bought this yeast at I also purchased a small jar of no rinse cleanser and sanitized the lid on the keg after opening as well as the spoon and hands.....I'm hoping this comes out ok..My batch of wcpa with the brand new kit was amazing..it had 9 feet of head. Massive carbonation, I had to drink it straight from the bottle,lol it was good...Wondering about this batch here,Idk