Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neverouttabeer

Will carb drops dissolve completely?

Just curious, my first brew has been bottled for 2 weeks. My carbonation looks great but still still has a lot of sugar resting at the bottom from the carb drops.  Is this normal or what should I expect?  Thanks. 

That's not sugar at the bottom.  That's the resulting trub from the natural carbonation and is normal for bottle conditioned beers (look at the bottom of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, for example).  You just want to make sure that stays in the bottle as you pour your beer into a glass so to have as clear as possible beer.

heh heh heh.....call me crazy, but I do drink the trub from the bottom.  However, I do not pour it into my glass.  I just drink it from the bottle after the pour.

Rick

+1 to that rickbray...  I sometimes do the same.  It's certainly not bad for you, but it does change the flavor of the beer.  It's interesting to me to taste the difference...

some trub actually tastes good. I always swirl the trub into the beer with a good hefe. I don't like the mr beer fromunda yeast taste though. to me it has a metallic quality I don't much like.