Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neverouttabeer

2 refills in 1 LBK

Just curious I picked up one if the coopers lME and it is just about double the size of the mr beer refills if I added the whole can of coopers in one LBK with my beer turn out okay? Higher ABV? Strong taste? Let me know if anyone has done anything like this. Cheers!

Asked many times.  You will end up with a beer that is not what was intended.  More bitter because you didn't add malt extract or sugar.  Better to split between two LBKs.  Go to www.screwybrewer.com and download Qbrew and see the result.

As Rick mentioned, if you do a quick search on this forum you should find what you are looking to.

Also, welcome to the obsession!

WHen you are using the QBrew, say for example, the recipe calls for a cup of corn sugar, and then you batch prime with say a 1/2 cup of corn sugar, would you add the total weight into the program for the calculations?

There are a lot of posts regarding this on the site, but I have tried this in the past.  I picked up a 3.5 lb can of Munton's Cerveza at a LHBS and used just a packet of US-05 with it.  For that type of beer, it tasted pretty good and I was satisfied with it.

As others indicated, the taste is more bitter as it's intended for a 5-gallon batch with additional added sugars, so while that Cerveza worked out okay, perhaps it was because it's a light beer - it may be quite different had I tried some other type like a stout.

Right now I've got a can of Muntons Light HME split between two kegs.  In one keg I also added 1lb Light DME and did a 10 minute boil with Cascade hops; in the other I added 1lb Amber DME with a boil using German Hallertau hops.  (A packet of US-50 in each.). Not really sure what I'm going to end up with, but I'm not really trying for any particular style, so as long as it ends up resembling something like beer, I think I'll be okay.

I feel ya. Im gong to be making a beer too. Not sure what style it will be, obviously its going to be a hoppy ale but that's what I like.

Im going to steep 8oz of Crystal 60L until water is 170F then taking 3lbs of Golden LME, 1 lbs of DME, 1oz Cascade for 20 mins boil, then .75 oz Columbus at 5mins boiling and .75 oz of Cascade at 5 mins boiling. Then after a week or so in the LBK im going to put the remaining .25 oz of Cascade and Columbus and dry hop it "commando" (without muslin sack?) .

Supposed to have a ABV of 6.3% and an IBU of 51. So im keen to see how it tastes

Hopefully its turns out nice my QBREW said it would be