Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeerofHrod

chiller or jockey box

I have a few of these coolers I get from work.

476f0507-bddf-4093-acee-2c55ecb7774b.jpg

I want to use them for something but I don't know what.  they measure 2 feet length, 10 3/4 in wide and 1 ft deep inside dimensions.

I was planning to cut some foam out so I could store a keg and ice it in there. They come with flat re-freezable ice packs that are foam filled. The lid is thick foam also. Maybe I could cut a second lid off the end and only shave that piece since more foam near the base would help keep the temperature in. 

Ideally I would want to turn this into a budget keezer with my co2 tank outside and picnic faucet tucked inside. 

I have two of these and am expecting another one in early may.

Or I could buy a jockey box setup and rig it inside this. The only problem I see is that unless I reinforce the sections where the shanks run the styrofoam will crumble apart with wear and tear.

if you turn it into a jocky box, just fix it so all the connections are on the outside. then it shouldn't be a problem. open the lid, drop in the Ice, close the lid. drink beer.

I fixed one of the coolers into something I could chill a corny keg in.

2ea1f6d8-73dc-41d2-91c9-3130cd325e5a.jpg

I use blocks of refreezable foam to cool it. The ties could be a little tighter but there isn't any Ice or liquid to leak out so It's fine. I plan to put a notch in it and connect my co2 to it while the beer cools for a week. Right now it's just a bunch of starsan because I have no beer ready to force carbonate. Much later from now I'll connect my picnic faucet and just tuck the faucet inside when its not in use. All in all the ties cost 99cents for 3 and the cooler was free and ice packs were free.

cab67bd9-c895-48d1-be24-0eeae0181be2.jpg