Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
mateymatt

Mr.Beer Shipping Scam

I just went to order the summer 4 pack from the MB site and it wouldn't let me ship it for $7.95 like advertised on the site. Instead I could select UPS Ground for the low price of $20. Have any of you seen this bait and switch before?

I have never seen that. I placed an order today but it was over $50 and I used the free shipping code that they provided today. Any other time I have ordered it has been $7.95 for what I have ordered. I would contact customer service about it.

Perhaps you might want to contact the company, when they are open, to see what they say, but it does appear that even on orders that include that item and others won't let you pick the $7.95 shipping option.

If and/or when someone finds out what's going on will you please post it here.

I keep reading about codes for this and codes for that and I can't find anything.

Thanks.

The code posted on Facebook is FBFREESHIPM14.  $50 minimum order, 48 contiguous states, expires May 12.

If you think about it, when you add in the shipping - even at $7.95 - it is just about $50.  So, I would load up on some LMEs or HMEs, refills, hops, or whatever and hit the $50 and get the free shipping.  You are basically getting eight bucks worth of free stuff.

The shipping is $7.95 we had an issue with the computer settings but we fixed it so it will let you do it for $7.95 now.

robertl6 said:The shipping is $7.95 we had an issue with the computer settings but we fixed it so it will let you do it for $7.95 now.

WHAT!  IT'S NOT A SCAM!  THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS.  HUMAN ERROR?  OUTRAGEOUS.  IT MUST BE A SCAM!

Da Yooper said:If you think about it, when you add in the shipping - even at $7.95 - it is just about $50.  So, I would load up on some LMEs or HMEs, refills, hops, or whatever and hit the $50 and get the free shipping.  You are basically getting eight bucks worth of free stuff.

No, don't do that.  It's a scam!  They want you to buy more stuff and get free shipping.  You're falling for it!

It's $41.88 so with shipping it would be $49.83.  By spending $.17 more, you'd get $8.12 of free product.  THEY WANT TO GET THAT ADDITIONAL $.17 OUT OF  YOU, DON'T FALL FOR IT!

Dont worry, I'll wear my tin foil hat while ordering so I will be safe!

well I certainly am convinced now. in fact I did a little poking around and discovered that mr beer is in cahoots with the new world order! if you take the words' Mr Beer homebrewing kits' it is an anagram for ''Right! Remember wise knob."  ... I KNOW! I DIDNT WANT TO BELIEVE IT MYSELF!!!!! further proof, ever wonder why the B in their logo is so prominent??? because Betelgeuse starts with B and THATS WHERE THE REPTILIAN SPACE LORDS COME FROM!!!! need I say more????

I, for one, welcome our new beer brewing reptilian overlords from Betelguese, just as long as they DON'T SCAM ME ON SHIPPING!!!!!!!

I've always paid 7.95 for shipping unless I've had a code for free shipping. The thing I have problem with is the new policy where you can't stack coupon codes or use codes on items that are on sale. It all started over a month ago when they had everything 20% off and they weren't allowing coupon codes on top of that. I was emailed the codes when the sale started couldn't use them and they expired when the sale ended. Huh? Then when I asked Customer Service Manager Peter G about it he said they're losing money! Yeah hello you guys are owned by the largest beer kit company in the world Coopers. Cmon.The only time I ordered stuff was when it was on sale and I had coupon codes. Who doesn't?This policy needs to change soon otherwise Coopers from the land down under may be going under.         

Well I live in Ontario, Canada and I have to pay 24.95 for shipping so I wish that I could get my shipping for 7.95! 

My orders need to be very large and infrequent. However, I'm always pleasently suprised that my orders always make it to me in 3-4 days! That's a long, quick trip.

KLR said:.... Then when I asked Customer Service Manager Peter G about it he said they're losing money! Yeah hello you guys are owned by the largest beer kit company in the world Coopers. Cmon         

I'm hearing you.  The Coopers HME cans are twice the size and only $3 more than Mr. Beer cans down at my LHBS.  For the price of 2 Mr. Beer refills, you can get the Coopers refill AND an LBK.  After that you're looking at Coopers refills which pushes your HME cost per 2.5 gal batch down to about $9, about 40% off the Mr. Beer refill prices.

The other way to look at it is that you can brew some of the Mr. Beer $50 recipies for about $25 by buying one can of Coopers instead of 2 cans of Mr. Beer.

Alternatively, a can of Coopers with shipping is about the same as two cans of Mr. Beer without shipping, assuming you can find somewhere to ship you the coopers for $8.

You pays your money and you takes your choice....

Make sure you're carefully reading the instructions on the cans...

Some HME cans, like Mr. Beer, require you to add nothing.

MANY HME cans require you to add several pounds of malt extract (LME/DME).  So yes, you can split a can between two LBKS, but you ALSO need to buy pounds of LME/DME.  There are some types of larger HME cans that don't require any additions.