Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
syncman

Labels

Question. How do you label your bottles. I have a second keg, and 4 sets of bottles. Am going to lose track of whats what. Can you write on the mr Beer labels?

Many posts on the forums if you search.

You can write on the Mr. Beer label with a white board marker.  You can use a piece of masking tape.  You can make paper labels and stick on with a glue stick or milk.  

I use a roll of white electrical tape. Cut off about 2 inches for each bottle and write on the tape with a marker.

You can get really creative and make labels on your computer using label paper.  They can be a challenge to remove, but soaking in a sink of hot soapy water usually does it.

Check out my Howling Red Ale.

cb587fa9-ad9a-4a6d-9952-42f70867a0c4.jpg

Since I made that label, I've gotten to where I include more information, like which batch number it is and the "born on" (bottling) date.  Also things like modifications to the recipe (different hops, honey added, etc.)  can be helpful.  I keep a log of all this info, but it's nice to pick up a bottle and find it all right there.

I've been using the Avery 22827 labels, which are the right size, removable,  and reusable.  There are 4 per sheet, and I make 1 sheet per batch, as I never have more than 4 bottles of a batch in thr fridge at a time.  There is a free template for these labels you can download and save. I rename each label I make so if I brew another batch, the labels are ready to go.

I picked up a cheap pack of round Avery color coding labels.  Stick a different color on the lids of each batch and put one on my brew log sheet for that batch.  On the rare event that I have enough batches going and have to use the same color, I'll usually mark one label in each box with what it is and drink that one last.  Since the label is on the lid, I don't have to worry about getting it back off the bottles again.

Korbyn, that's what I used to do but found it too hard to identify the color once the bottles were in the fridge and I couldn't see the cap. I needed something on the side of the bottle.

Beerlabelman still shows up here on occasion. He sells label paper that works great and comes off easily. You can use almost any graphic program to design them. I keep it simple. I just use small Avery mailing labels and Word to make my labels. I just list the batch name, bottling date, ABV, and my name. For those that I give away i have a label template my artist son made for me and use larger labels

199c7ac9-5732-47f5-87b8-dee7e4c058ec.jpgI have been using masking tape and a Sharpe. was thinking of using that beerlableizer site. this is one I came up with