Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dudley1416255618

Strawberries in a can

Hi I have 4 cans of strawberries that are whole and in a can.

i have wcpa,enb,October fest vienna lager and irish stout and sticky wicket and witty monk any ideas on a good light strawberry taste beer using these recipes?

Any ideas whould be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sounds like you got a good start with the Irish Stout and the strawberries. Add some cocoa nibs and you might have the base for a good Chocolate covered Strawberry.

Strawberries are one of the fruits that have very subtle flavors in beer and are hard for getting much flavor.  Four cans might be enough to get a hint of strawberry in a stout, and you might be able to get a great beer, so I'm not saying you should hold back on that idea.  But I was going to suggest the WCPA or Englishman's Nut Brown, since they start with less intense flavor than the stout.  By the way, waiting until a week after brewing before adding the fruit can keep more of the fruit flavor, and you may want to stagger the fruit additions, like 2 cans one day then the others 2 days later. 

Adding 4 cans of strawberries, whether to the old Mr. Beer or the new Mr. Beer refills would probably be an excessive amount of adjuncts, no?...  Read this sticky...