Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
kdjc

back in fall

Well group this is goodbye til the fall months. With a job a garden to raise plus a son playing varsity baseball. Beer brewing will have to take a backseat for awhile. Plus it get to hot here in Iowa during the Summer months to worry about fermintation temps. I do enjoy the hobby and will start back up in the early Fall. I will be brewing a lot of Alberts Atomic Altbier. That will be my house beer from now on. The best by far that I have brewed.So long for a few months Have a great Summer .

Well that sucks you will be so tied up. as for temp's you could always brew some saisons, they are brewed at higher temps.

Dont ya hate it when life gets in the way?

Have a good summer.  And Rob's comment about summer saisons is a good one as I've had temps go into the 90s before for that style no problem.

Decided to get one more brew in. Bought the chocolate porter. Got it for half price with the weekend sale going on. just going to tweek it to see if I can get better flavor out of it. If I can't it's cheap enough That i won't be out a bunch of money.

I normally stop making 5gal batches for the summer. I do continue the MrB LBK batches as I can control the temp easily by using a cooler or even a cardboard box with bottles of ice.