Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
newoldstock

Tried my first brew

Aztec Mexican Cerveza.

Brewed 4/10/14.

Bottled 5/2/14.

Put a couple in the fridge on 5/22 and cracked one yesterday.  Thought it was pretty  good.  A bit on the sweet side but not offensive at all. These are 740 ml PET bottles carbed with two carb drops each.  I thought the carbonation was perfect for me.

I've since bottled Albert's Atomic Altbier and will bottle the Nut Brown Ale tomorrow.

I started a Horse's Ass Ale yesterday.

The heck with the clubs and bars!  I'll drink my own!

Congratulations on your first successful brew. I'm new to the game also. 

I bottled my first batch of Classic American Light April 24 (last month). Its a decent tasting light beer, I was satisfied with it, but it still has the green apple flavor to it. I've been waiting for it to condition out, but, I've been picking at the bottles over the past few weeks and I think it'll all be drank before it becomes GREAT. 

I've since bottled Hard Pear Cider, Summer Saison, American Porter and I'm fermenting two new batches. Bohemian Czech Pilsner and Belgian Christmas Ale. (Picked up a second fermenter). 

This hobby is addictive. And I'm improving my techniques with each batch. 

Just started to steep Carafoam to improve my head retention. (Relatively simple). I'm switching to purely filtered water, and I'm going to begin bottling and capping in glass bottles. 

All the best of luck to ya. Keep us informed of your brew-ventures.

congrats! youre on your way to becoming obsessed! soon you will be buying tons of equipment you cant afford... using words like 'specific gravity' and 'IBUs' in daily conversations with nonbrewers, and dreaming of going all grain.  you are now one of us...one of us... one of us...

What Zorak said! I started with 1 Mr Beer kit on Dec. 27th. I now have multiple fermenters, bottling apparatus, kegging equipment, BIAB supplies, All Grain mash tun, multiple brew kettles and setups. WELCOME TO THE OBSESSION!

I've moved on to my second brew.  I did a batch of Alberts Atomic Altbier on 05/03/14.  Bottled it on 05/23. Tried one on 6/19 and another last night(6/22).  I'm hooked!

My third brew was the Nut Brown Ale.  I usually like the brown ales and this one if very, very good.  Everyone who has tried it really likes it.

Just tried my fourth brew.  Horse's Ass Ale.  I used some old honey I found in the cupboard and I was quite concerned when I bottled it because it was quite cloudy.  It cleared up in about a week and now after two more weeks it was time to try it.  Very good.  So good my wife even likes it.  So you know I'll be making this again.

Waiting on the next sale to really load up on a few things and start a couple more batches.