Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
boshman

what is up with this batch ?

I am making a batch of Bavarian Weissbier . Saturday was day 14 in the lbk . I did a dry hop addition only and nothing else . Now this batch has started fermenting again . There is a good inch of foam in the lbk . Temp in the keg is 74 . A little high on the temp but I am icing it down with frozen water jugs and a fan . Initial fermentation was aggressive and lasted around days . Pitched 1pack wb06 at 66 degrees . So why is it refermenting ? Shou ld I let this batch go longer in the lbk ? This Saturday would be day 21 and my usual bottling day . No fermentables have been added since I capped the lbk after adding the wort and pitching the yeast . Any help or input from my fellow brewers is allways welcome . Thanks & Cheers !

Do you have a hydrometer?

Sometimes you'll have a minor stuck fermentation. It's possible that the yeast kicked back into action.

had this happen to me once and  a couple weeks after my second krausen i was able to bottle and the beer turned out ok

The temp is a little high especially for the tail end of fermentation. I would wait until Saturday bottle  and see what happens. Hopefully you didn't introduce some unwanted bacteria and you now have an infection. Good Luck.