Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
kdjc

very excited

Who is going to order the Astronut Brown Ale that goes on sale the 20th. Me thats for sure! Been wanting to do a biab for awhile.Took the Summer off from brewing. Now that temps are dropping here in Iowa I have brewed a 4 gallon horses ass ale, Alberts Atomic Altbier ( again love this beer) the Octoberfest extract nothing added to it. Just ordered the Fesco chili lime. I am going to use Scorpian peppers in place of Jalapino. New name Scorpian Sting. Going to brew store this weekend to buy the ingredents of a creme ale.

That kit is considered a steep, not a BIAB since you are not converting the grains into fermentables, but rather extracting colours and flavours from them.  But, it does look very promising and I hope they continue down that path by offering more learning experiences that show the brewer just how much things can improve with a few simple steps.  Steeping makes all the difference I have found.

gophers6 said:I'm not seeing where the nut flavor is going to come from?

The chocolate malt.  Some provide a chocolate nutty flavor in the right quantity.

That chocolate malt certainly gives it some of that nutty flavor that RickBeer mentioned. 

Scorpion Sting...that sounds really interesting.  We will take a look at that one and brew it up here at the office.

The scorpion sting smelled great!! I tasted it when i took my og reading. niceheat on the back of my tongue. I only used 1 1/2 scorpion peppers (med Sized). The yeast must like it because things are all kinds of crazy in the lbk.