Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
trucker

no homemade beer for me

Well this stinks being a new brewer I have no homemade beers to bring in the new year I should of bought MRBEER along time ago oh well a bud light will have to do. Cheers and happy and safe new year and remember to think before you drink and drive leave the car at home

Well this stinks being a new brewer I have no homemade beers to bring in the new year I should of bought MRBEER along time ago oh well a bud light will have to do. Cheers and happy and safe new year and remember to think before you drink and drive leave the car at home

Bud Light is non beer...

• Like 2

He's right, it's not beer! And hey, I drink it....a LOT, and I still say its just alcoholic water!

Be daring. Go to a store that sells craft beer. Take the plunge & just pick something out. Better yet, ask them if you can mix a six pack of different beers. I bet you will end up getting something you like. It's still early. You have enough time. Unless you live way out in the boonies. Anyway. Happy new year everybody. Stay safe.

• Like 3

A year ago I was a Coors light guy. Started brewing a year ago and started testing the waters with craft brews. Went to dinner one night recently and ordered a Coors Light, that was all they had. Next time I will just have water! I have gotten spoiled in only a year.

• Like 1

Same here. When I met my wife she asked what beer I drink. When I said "I'm a Bud Man" the relationship almost ended right there! Now I try every craft beer IPA I can and am so hooked on hoppy beer I would rather have water if I can't get a good craft beer!

• Like 2

Same here. When I met my wife she asked what beer I drink. When I said "I'm a Bud Man" the relationship almost ended right there! Now I try every craft beer IPA I can and am so hooked on hoppy beer I would rather have water if I can't get a good craft beer!

I met my wife while stationed in Germany. She was there visiting relatives who were stationed there.(way back in '81). So Germany was all craft beer from our POV. Sadly the only brew I made she likes is my Blackberry Wheat.

Bud Light, huh? I am not sure, but the only brew you can make with that preference in the CAL. But I am a noob to all of this, so I do not really know. I got into this, because I love to drink so many different types of beer. I haven't drank a BL, CL or Miller in years! HA. 

Its all about your preference I suppose. But do try to experiment with different beers an make your on six packs. I think this help with understanding different styles and tastes and processes. Learn by drinking works for me anyways!!

Happy New Years!

Be daring. Go to a store that sells craft beer. Take the plunge & just pick something out. Better yet, ask them if you can mix a six pack of different beers. I bet you will end up getting something you like. It's still early. You have enough time. Unless you live way out in the boonies. Anyway. Happy new year everybody. Stay safe.

I did that, found myself dumping many down the drain until I finally found a few that I really like. Now I buy craft beer every week. I still have a full case of Coors Light sitting in the kitchen, and a loose can or two in the fridge, but it just doesn't seem to taste right anymore.

If I find one i dont like, i usually just mix it with something i do like. That fixes it most of the time. Only found one that i had to give the rest away. Leinenliugets summer shandy. Tasted like fruit loops. I like my fruit loops with milk, not beer. When it comes to my wife, i end up finishing what she doesnt like. Ohhh, the agony.

Just Bill, on 02 Jan 2015 - 2:29 PM, said:

I did that, found myself dumping many down the drain until I finally found a few that I really like. Now I buy craft beer every week. I still have a full case of Coors Light sitting in the kitchen, and a loose can or two in the fridge, but it just doesn't seem to taste right anymore.

that's alcohol abuse! If  I buy it, I drink it...I even finished that Billy Beer I bought (yuck)

• Like 1

There are a rare few beers I cant finish. Even if I dont like it, I press through it. I drank a pineapple IPA a few months back that was tough. Well, I drank 2 of them, but they were tough to get through! Lol

• Like 4

Definitely try different craft brews to help decide what you want to brew. You can also harvest the bottles to use yourself later. Nearly all of my 1000+ bottles are from craft beers.

I dont think Ive ever bought one so bad I dumped it.  At least not in recent memory.  But think of it this way:  I would rather go to a store, buy ONE beer style I dont like than make up a whole case of it and get stuck with 24.

the only commercial beer that I thought was so horrid it merited being dumped in the toilet was Busch. to me it was like drinking toilet water with strong perfume-like bergamot oil tossed in it.   ive had some really terrible beers in my life:

anything Magic Hat,  dreweys, altes, budd, hamms, pfeifers, blatz, goebels, pbr, strohs, corona, mickeys, etc.... and only busch repulsed me to the point of tossing it out.

I think you Accidentally put Bud on your toss out list it may tastes like water but still good lol

Schlitz Malt Liquor  is the only one I have ever tossed. If I recall it didn't even get swallowed before my roommate and I simultaneously tossed the cans out the window..

Many years ago, a buddy and I were going out to do some serious backwoods camping.  We made sure to have common equipment so if one - or both - failed we would have redundancies.  The last piece of equipment we researched was a water purifier.  We were struggling to find one until we read a particular review.  The guy who reviewed it tested it out by running Coors Light through it and said it actually made it drinkable.  With that simple comment, we were sold and purchased it - the First Needs Deluxe should anyone else want to make their Coors drinkable.

• Like 2

I used to drink Bull, Old English 800, St. Ides, Crazy Horse, all of em. I was a malt liquor head in my teens. Smh