Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
sammytheattackbasset

Brand new brewer here. 2 weeks in and some of my bottles are hard and some are not.

I bottled my first batch two weeks ago this Sunday. My wife bought me the kit with the American light. About three of the bottles are rock hard. The rest are either firming up or are still somewhat soft. They've all been in an ice chest with a thermometer, I've done the best I can to keep the temp between 68-72degs. Should I put the extremely firm bottles in the fridge? I don't want them to bust.

Welcome to the forum and the obsession.

They don't all carb at the same rate. No don't refrigerate let em sit, exploding bottles are rare. Temprature control is not as crucial in bottling as it is in fermenting. Room temp will be fine.

• Like 1

hello and welcome aboard.  I would let them sit out and condition for at least another 2 weeks before putting one in the fridge and trying.  4 weeks minimum for conditioning is the rule of thumb here..exploding bottles in the plastic bottles kinda just get deformed if something goings wrong.  I keep my bottles I'm conditioning in a cardboard box with a lid on it (just in-case anything leaks or explodes for whatever reason) and I just label my box with the batch number and date bottled. 

• Like 1

I love you guys here in the this forum.  18 minutes and you had an answer.  You guys rock.

• Like 2