Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
MnMBeer

1st batch is in the vat

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am into my first batch and studied many of the posts here about adding honey and sugar to the mix. I read a lot of negative things about sugar fruit and the like during the forminting process.

I am using american light with 1 booster with no sugars or fruit additives. Hopps were considered but like many have posted keep it simple.

My concern was to add honey @ bottling time or during the forminting process, High Klausen is extended here (right).

Anyway, I was going to add honey for a few bottles and stay with the bottling tabs for carbonation. to try a flavor diference.

Is the hydrometer the same that is used in automotive applications or is there a food grade device used instead?

Any thoughts, Thanks

You need a beer hydrometer.  There  is one on the Mr. Beer site.  

"fermenting", not forminting.   ;)

You should not add sugar, or honey, to your first batch. Never add sugar at all.

You can bottle carb with sugar or honey, you will find no difference except to your pocketbook.

Thanks,

I am learning, Working on a LBK chiller as Florida is not favorable for brewing temperatures.

The winter in January/Feburary is good but not today, I have to ice the sides to keep 73^.

Regards, M

I just tried to click the like button, but it said I have exceeded my limit of likes for the day...Really? A limit on likes? lol Guess I'll just have to drop back to the old    +1

• Like 1

I just tried to click the like button, but it said I have exceeded my limit of likes for the day...Really? A limit on likes? lol Guess I'll just have to drop back to the old    +1

That's what you get for praising people...   :o