Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
sabres032

Are these bottles OK to condition my beer?

I received 12 of these bottles for my birthday in time to bottle my first batch of beer. Just wondering if it's actually OK to use these bottles to condition my first batch?

post-65338-0-89112100-1421283721_thumb.j

If I'm not mistaken they are 16oz bottles. I also have the 750ml plastic bottles my LBK kit came with if I have more beer than bottles. With the glass bottles how much sugar should I put in to carbonate? I know the plastic 750ml bottles is 2 tsp or two of the pellets. Just not sure with the 16oz glass bottles.

I apologize for the obviously stupid question but my brain is fried from running the ambulance for 16 hours. That and I may have imbibed in a few Caged Alpha Monkey IPA's when I got home.

Cheers brothers and sisters.

Cheers. I didnt refrigerate enough of my own so im drinking fat tire tonight.

• Like 1

My first batch (Classic American Light) will be ready to bottle and condition on Sunday. I can't wait until I can drink my first home brewed beer. Alas I have another month to wait..

I received 12 of these bottles for my birthday in time to bottle my first batch of beer. Just wondering if it's actually OK to use these bottles to condition my first batch?

attachicon.gifIMAG0037_1.jpg

Those bottles are fine, lots of people use them and love them.  Do you know if these are new, or used?  The only reason I ask, is because the rubber seal on those can deteriorate over time, and need replacement.  Give them a good look over, make sure they aren't dry, brittle, or cracked.  If any are, just buy some replacements, they are cheap.

My first batch (Classic American Light) will be ready to bottle and condition on Sunday. I can't wait until I can drink my first home brewed beer. Alas I have another month to wait..

Awesome! Let us know how it turns out! :D

Those bottles are fine, lots of people use them and love them.  Do you know if these are new, or used?  The only reason I ask, is because the rubber seal on those can deteriorate over time, and need replacement.  Give them a good look over, make sure they aren't dry, brittle, or cracked.  If any are, just buy some replacements, they are cheap.

They are brand new. My mother in law bought them at the local home brewing store last week. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not but I'd much rather use glass to bottle and condition my beer. Something about plastic just turns me off..

Awesome! Let us know how it turns out! :D

I bottle this coming Sunday. Still don't want to wait four weeks though. :D

It makes no difference - plastic or glass.

Re: the 4 weeks - tough noogies.   :lol:

I bottle this coming Sunday. Still don't want to wait four weeks though. :D

Patience, my friend. Good things come to those that wait. ;)

It makes no difference - plastic or glass.

Figured as much. I'm just strange like that. :D

Re: the 4 weeks - tough noogies. :lol:

Patience, my friend. Good things come to those that wait. ;)

Fine then.... I'll wait... LOL