Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
RMG

one year & still going strong

Been doing this for a little over a year now. Got away from the forum for a while because I got a kinda overwhelmed with added responsibilities at work. That has mellowed out thank goodness. I have finally moved up to recipies. Started with wake me up sunday morning stout. That is still conditioning. Gonna do the howling red ale this weekend. My first hopp addition. Anyway. I just want to thank all the veterans for all the tips & support. Not that I have posted alot, but have been reading alot. Cheers to you my brothers in beer.

• Like 3

Congrats! I am just about at week three of my brewing adventure. Almost time to bottle my first batch. I hope I can make a similar post when my time is due.

• Like 1

Very cool! We also got started roughly a year ago with a Mr Beer kit for Christmas. The new hobby took off and now we are almost 50 batches in! Cheers!

I got my LBK on my birthday last month. I ruined my first batch (temp problems). My second batch is fermenting like it should. I am about a week into the fermentation and I am going to wait an additional week. The, I will bottle my very first homemade batch. I am super excited! I've never done this before.

I got my LBK on my birthday last month. I ruined my first batch (temp problems). My second batch is fermenting like it should. I am about a week into the fermentation and I am going to wait an additional week. The, I will bottle my very first homemade batch. I am super excited! I've never done this before.

If you're a week in, give it TWO more weeks, not one more.  Then FOUR weeks in bottles at room temp.

Welcome aboard. and happy birthday.. Like RickBeer said (yes again :P lol).. always as a rule of thumb here is 3 weeks fermenting.. 4 week bottle conditioning (in room temp). and put in the fridge only what you are going to drink a few days prior to drinking it.  Leave the rest to condition until you are ready to drink it.  Being patient it key i think to achieving a great batch of brew.  Check out all the info on these forums.  Allot of good thinks to read on a daily basis.