Mr.Beer Community
haerbob3

Yes I am crazy!!!!

yes I am crazy.  Finally broke out the brewing equipment.......................... My Stove-top HERMS.  Picture below

20140128_142310.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, this looks highly industrial, puts me to shame with lbk only. I would have to move out into my own house to do this though.

• Like 1

How do you like the electric mash water heating system? I was eyeing that as a nice option...

I use natural gas and control the flow manually.  When I can get my brewer built in the basement I will convert to electric.  When I brew out side I use a Blichmann burner,

Thanks. It all started with a top of the line Mr Beer kit 7 or 8 years ago.  That the wife & kids gave me for Christmas.  My favorite Mr B recipe was Wicked Monk.

• Like 2

I got started on Mr. Beer, too. Many years ago. Well, Cooper's was my first batch, then I picked up a Mr. Beer kit. Who would have known that I'd eventually be working for them as a Brewmaster/CSR? lol. Even though I can now brew all-grain batches, I still use my LBKs for quick batches of beer when I don't have an 8 hour day to spare for an all-grain batch. It's excellent to see brewing veterans that have long since moved beyond the LBKs still participating in our forums and helping others. It makes me proud to be part of this community.   B)

• Like 3

Wow - very impressive. Right now I'm learning about grains, hops, yeast and such, and I don't know if I'll ever reach that level of dedication and know-how. Thanks for the post. BTW -my wife says its crazy, but to a brewer its nirvana! 

• Like 1

I also started with Mr. Beer a few years ago.  Now I'm full AG with the occasional extract batch when I'm pressed for time.  This forum and the expertise of the veterans lead me in the right direction.  Can't thank all these guys enough!

Now if I can just get enough capital to start my micro brewery, I'll be feelin good.   

• Like 2