Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
BMFBlues

Batch Priming Question

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking this or just what, but how much water do I add to my dextrose? I've found numerous resources to fund out how much sugar to use, but nothing on how much water. Even "How to Brew" doesn't say anything about it. 

Really just enough to fully dissolve your dextrose is fine.  Doesn't really need to be any exact amount.

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking this or just what, but how much water do I add to my dextrose? I've found numerous resources to fund out how much sugar to use, but nothing on how much water. Even "How to Brew" doesn't say anything about it. 

Hello.  I usually use 1 cup of water when I am doing my prime batch.

• Like 1

Cool. Thank you. I had a feeling it wasn't anything specific, as no one usually mentions the amount of water. Bottling supplies will be here Tuesday, and Bottling Day will Saturday. So excited!

Cool. Thank you. I had a feeling it wasn't anything specific, as no one usually mentions the amount of water. Bottling supplies will be here Tuesday, and Bottling Day will Saturday. So excited!

I do not think there is a wrong or right amount for this.  You just want to use enough water to dissolve the sugar.  Some use less some use more. 1 cup works for me so I stick with that.

main thing is that you do boil it.  I generally make a simple syrup.  Use a carbonation calculator for the best results if you use the bottle priming amounts you'll get gushers 

As stated, just enough to dissolve the sugar. I'd start with 1.5C water and boil it for 5 minutes, then pour it into the sugar a 1/4C at a time and stir until all of the granules dissappear.