Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
therealwesty

Bottled some beer, started some beer, drank some beer.

Bottled my first batch of CAL today, this is the refill that came with my LBK kit. Got 10 of the 740ml bottles full. I drew a couple samples for the hydrometer and left a little in the keg so as not to stir up the trub too much. Pretty happy with the first bottling. Only 28 days to go until I can try my first batch of homebrew.

After cleaning up my LBK I started a batch of Canadian Blonde Deluxe as well. I have another 12 bottles on the way, so I should be Ok as long as they arrive within the 3 weeks.

And of course had a couple cold ones from the Beer Store while I worked. All in all makes for a pretty good day.

• Like 3

I have to agree with you.  It sounds like a very good day.  I have that same basic day every other weekend and it provides me with a steady supply of a 12-pack per week.  I used to do it every single week, but got too stressed and burned out.  Much better now.

I think it is almost a requirement to drink a beer while brewing or bottling. It just makes for good Karma.

• Like 2

If you don't drink while bottling or brewing, all of your existing bottled beer will explode. I read that on the internet so it must be true

• Like 2

Yes, drinking while brewing is an unwritten law that all must obey lest they anger the beer gods and end up brewing terrible beer for the rest of their life. But if you're brewing all-grain, you may want to pace yourself otherwise you'll be drunk by the time your boil even starts. lol. ;)

• Like 2

do not consume alcohol if using a propane burner. being tipsy while working with explosive gas is never a good idea.

• Like 1

do not consume alcohol if using a propane burner. being tipsy while working with explosive gas is never a good idea.

Maybe one or two basic refills with low ABV. Not the whole refill, just 12 ouncers.

Drinking while doing AG batches adds an element of danger and excitement to a brew day!  Will I burn off my eyebrows?  How heavy is this giant pot with 5 gallons of boiling wort?  what happens when I forget to add my final hop addition until I'm pitching yeast?  

Let's just say I learned my lesson and don't start the drinking until flameout...

khawk - or adding calcium chloride instead of calcium carbonate.. or any of the other salts... or mixing up teaspoon and tablespoon.