Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

Mr. Beer is Giving Away a Free Sugar on Top IPA Recipe

Just wanted to let all of our forum users know that we are hosting a giveaway for our January Craft Brewery Series recipe: Sugar on Top IPA from 903 Brewers. Just visit the page below, enter in your information, and you will be entered to win. The giveaway will end this Sunday. For all of you hop lovers out there, this is a fantastic, limited-edition recipe you will definitely want to try! 

http://info.mrbeer.com/free-recipe-from-903-brewers 

post-64565-0-11695000-1421684271_thumb.p

• Like 4

I sampled some a few days ago and it was AMAZING! Mid-high bitterness carried by a nice, almost caramel-like, malt backbone. The hops are citrusy, a bit piney, and clean. The brown sugar addition gives it a subtle sweetness that balances perfectly with the hop bitterness and isn't cloying at all.  It gives it a nice alcohol kick, too. But be careful, because you wouldn't know it was almost 8% by tasting it.  ;)

• Like 2

Thanks. I think I just entered. When I was filling out the form, after entering my email address, it said I had opted out of email and that I need to opt back in. I prefer to stay opted out of email and hopefully this didn't nullify my entry. When I hit the button at the bottom, it did thank me for entering. So despite the confusion, I hope I'm entered.

I sampled some a few days ago and it was AMAZING! Mid-high bitterness carried by a nice, almost caramel-like, malt backbone. The hops are citrusy, a bit piney, and clean. The brown sugar addition gives it a subtle sweetness that balances perfectly with the hop bitterness and isn't cloying at all.  It gives it a nice alcohol kick, too. But be careful, because you wouldn't know it was almost 8% by tasting it.  ;)

and you are saying all this good stuff about it because of your unbiased opinion.. correct :P   j/k.. ya it does look pretty good.

• Like 2

and you are saying all this good stuff about it because of your unbiased opinion.. correct :P   j/k.. ya it does look pretty good.

I know, right? lol. initially I was skeptical because I don't normally like sweet beers, and I assumed this was sweet from the name. While it does have some sweetness, like I said, it's not overpowering at all and balances very well with the bitterness of the hops. I was pleasantly suprised by this one and I'm sure you will be, too. Even if you're not really into IPAs, I still think this beer should be given a chance. It has an amazing maltiness that carries the hops very well with no bitter aftertaste. This is currently one of my favorite beers, and not because I work for Mr. Beer. lol.

• Like 2

This is currently one of my favorite beers, and not because I work for Mr. Beer. lol.

Maybe because it's free and sitting there at work?   :lol:

• Like 1

Well, it was sitting here at work. Now it's just empty bottles. :P

Free beer? Now that's what I call a good job.

• Like 3

Free beer? Now that's what I call a good job.

It's the BEST job. ;)

• Like 2

How long do the collaboration recipes stay on sale for are they limited time only or do they stick around awhile?

Limited time only. This is the second one, first has been out of stock for a while.

• Like 1

Just stopped by a craft brew store and found a 22 oz bottle of this for $8.99. The recipe is a bargain.

• Like 1

How long do the collaboration recipes stay on sale for are they limited time only or do they stick around awhile?

RickBeer is correct (as always  ;)) The collaboration recipes are limited in the sense that we only create 300 each month, so once they are sold out, we will no longer have them again. 

All of our friends say free beer is the best beer. Funny how WE are always the ones supplying free beer! Oh well, just means we get to brew more. (This does look like a tasty IPA recipe)

• Like 2

That's one of my lines, Barley.  When someone asks me what kind of beer I like, I respond, "Yours and free.  Doesn't even have to be cold."

I feel like I am the only one that cannot get the link to work!  It keeps saying not found on google???

I just hit the link in the first post and got an error.

MR. BEER!!!  Your link is dead...

May it rest in peace.

(Edit)

Since it's life ended.

• Like 1

Perhaps the contest is over and we now wait for them to call my name as the winner.

OH MAN.. i didnt win the sugar on top recipe.. i did get a 10% for registering for it though.  i bet you i know who won it.. huh.. Josh R... :mellow:

OH MAN.. i didnt win the sugar on top recipe.. i did get a 10% for registering for it though.  i bet you i know who won it.. huh.. Josh R... :mellow:

I don't actually. I'm sure our Marketing Manager does though.

• Like 1

How did you get a 10% something for registering?  I registered and I haven't received squat.

How did you get a 10% something for registering?  I registered and I haven't received squat.

I believe he meant registering for the contest, not the forums. If you registered for the contest in time, you would have received an email with your 10% off. 

• Like 1

I also registered for the contest in time and got a confirmation. Then placed an order afterwards with no 10% discount. Bummer.

yup what JoshR said.  registering for the contest..I'll prolly buy it now.. :o

I believe he meant registering for the contest, not the forums. If you registered for the contest in time, you would have received an email with your 10% off. 

Yes, I registered for the contest.  I even have a personal message via the forum from Sarah that verifies I was entered as I had questioned whether my userid being set to not receive promotional emails invalidated me from the contest.  Like I just said, my userid is set to not receive promotional emails so perhaps that blocked my receiving a 10% coupon for entering.

I just looked through my email back the last several weeks and see no 10% coupon for entering.  I do see I received a January 2015 Mr. Beer newsletter on 1/18/2015.

No problem as you run enough specials during the year that I just wait for those to make my purchases.

well remember, this is not the only community MrB has.

You mean the parallel universe with the other Mr. Beer?  Pay no attention to the black helicopters overhead.

You mean the parallel universe with the other Mr. Beer?  Pay no attention to the black helicopters overhead.

Probably talking about the Mr Beer Fans forum.

Like I just said, my userid is set to not receive promotional emails so perhaps that blocked my receiving a 10% coupon for entering.

That would do it.

Actually, now I'm unsure what it means when I said my userid isn't set up to receive promotional emails.  I just looked at my Mr. Beer account and I see no such flag anywhere to select or unselect getting promotional emails.  I have received other promotional emails like the 20% off seal in mid-December.  The only reason I say I'm not set to receive promotional emails is that's the message I got when I entered the contest (which SarahS confirmed my entry worked).  So, I don't know what I'm supposed to get or not get.  I know I didn't get the 10% off coupon for entering the contest.

The only place I can find any notification preferences is for my forum id (which I believe is separate from my Mr. Beer site id).  I am checked for the following option:  Send me news and information.  So I'm not opted out of anything.

It was not sent when you entered. It was sent Tuesday evening saying "you did not win so here's a coupon". I received mine at 5:48 pm on 1/27.

It was not sent when you entered. It was sent Tuesday evening saying "you did not win so here's a coupon". I received mine at 5:48 pm on 1/27.

I received no such email.  I just double-checked and even checked the junk folder.  Sarahs did confirm to me in a private forum message on 1/20/2015 @ 4:39 PM that I was entered.

The benefit here is by not receiving the 10% coupon, it's allowed me to make a few more forum posts, pushing me closer to Brewmaster status.

Someone sent me the link.  Evidently the 10% coupon was just for that 1 beer and not for a large order.  I wasn't planning on buying that beer, so all's good.