Mr.Beer Community
BearHandsBrewer

looking for a good summer recipie

I was browsing the recipies and i wanna get a beer that would be great to drink in the summer. I saw dads cream ale and thought it would be a good one but i dont know. Whay do you guys think?

A cream ale, hefe, kolsch, or pale lager, IMHO, would be great options.  Though the standard Mr. B yeast will work, I ran the light lager extract with DME with an actual lager yeast and quite liked it.  If you have a way to maintain lager temps during your fermentation, a lager yeast works great for this.  If not, I'm also am a big fan of a similar type recipe as an ale with a kolsch yeast (WLP029/WY2565).  Though the Mr. B yeast is a good general yeast, specialty yeasts are key, IMHO, to getting styles like these down.  Steep some carapils, maybe get a german hop for a flavor or dryhop addition, and you have a nice lawnmower beer.

• Like 1

Yea i was looking at tbose rick. Theres a few ive pjt on my wish list now lol. I deffinitely have to buy a few cases of glass bottles.

Saisons are the perfect summer beer. They are traditionally bright, floral, fruity, and spicy with a high carbonation. We have a couple recipes available at Mr. Beer, but there are also many other recipes available online. Here's what we have:

http://www.mrbeer.com/raveon-saison-recipe(WARNING: This is a BIG beer! At 10% alcohol, it's a lot easier to drink than it seems, so be careful!)

http://www.mrbeer.com/biere-de-saison-2013-summer-seasonal(This one's a bit tamer and easier for beginners.)

We also carry a great saison yeast in case you want to experiment with your own saison (it's a pretty "loose" style with a lot of variations).

http://www.mrbeer.com/belle-saison-dry-brewing-yeast

Cheers!

there's a recipe out there on the internet for a wheat beer with simplylimeade that was very tasty. google "wheat beer simplylimeade"   and it comes up repeatedly.  I did the extract version and it came out great for summer. ( or anytime )

The great thing about saisons is you can let the temps go.  No need to stress about keeping things cool.  Yet another reason why it is the perfect summer beer...

• Like 1

Im getting married in september and im thi king of one of the saisons to brew as a weddinf favor. As well as one of fhe fruity beers.

• Like 1

my first saison I gave the fermenter a water bath and kept the temp at 74f the entire fermentation... used danstar bella saison. it was the weirdest, coolest, funkiest most complex beer I ever drank. that was a fun beer. smokey, fruity, wheaty, perfumey, floral...  confused the heck out of my taste buds at first.

• Like 1

The great thing about saisons is you can let the temps go.  No need to stress about keeping things cool.  Yet another reason why it is the perfect summer beer...

Yes! Great point that I failed to mention. You can brew saisons in the upper 70's with no issues. They're great for those of us living in the AZ desert. Saisons are also one of my favorite styles of beer. :D

I would go for the Dortmunder Export for special occasions. A little stronger but a real nice beer with crisp hops and nice malt.

If you have friends that like IPA, get some Diablo and dry hop with 1 oz Cascade.

For lighter, American light with 0.5 oz Cascade (yes, I like Cascade).

I made a Saison using the Pilser as a base. Tastes nice but not terribly funky. I used the T-58 but I have used the Belel Saison yeast which will give "funkier" taste.

0.5 lb Briess trad dk DME

1x Bohemian Pisner HME

1x Golden LME

In bag for all ferment:

orange zest (potato peelered)

1 tbsp coriander seed crushed

0.5 oz Tettnanger pellet

Last 7 days of ferment

0.5 oz East Kent Goldings

T-58 Yeast

I use T-58 on one of my "house" brews. I like the pepper tastes I get from it goes really well with the rye in it.

• Like 1

Yes! Great point that I failed to mention. You can brew saisons in the upper 70's with no issues. They're great for those of us living in the AZ desert. Saisons are also one of my favorite styles of beer. :D

Upper 70's?  I cranked my last one up to 90.  mc-hammer.gif

• Like 1