Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Josh B

Community Exclusive Pre-Sale - 60% OFF

BuynBrew60Percent.jpg

We're happy to announce a Community Exclusive Pre-Sale on our 2013 Winter Seasonal!  Less than $10!!

This spiced ale is set to "expire" in August of this year, and we'd like to offer it at a crazy discount for our Community Members first.  Not only will our Community Members have the ability to purchase early, but they will also get a deeper discount compared to when the refill sale will go live to the public.

Save 60% on one of our fantastic seasonal refills!  Click here to check it out

• Like 7

That's only $9.98!! You guys had better jump on this deal before they're all gone!! :ph34r:

The description says the suggested lager time is 1 to 3 months,  but it comes with an ale yeast  and the instructions imply to ferment and condition as an ale.  Can you guys clear that up just a bit?  By the way, this is a SUPER deal.

If I could justify a full shipping charge for only one item, I'd sink my tooth into this right now.  Need to put on my thinking cap.

• Like 1

Lagering refers to the long-term cold storage of beer. The process improves flavor and aroma and smooths out harsh edges; the name comes from the German "lagerung," meaning storage. So we usually refer to "lagering" simply as cold storage and not a reference to the yeast. But with that said, you could always replace our ale yeast with a lager yeast to create a true lager.

Lagering refers to the long-term cold storage of beer. The process improves flavor and aroma and smooths out harsh edges; the name comes from the German "lagerung," meaning storage. So we usually refer to "lagering" simply as cold storage and not a reference to the yeast. But with that said, you could always replace our ale yeast with a lager yeast to create a true lager.

Thanks, Josh.  I kinda figured that was the deal, but didn't want to assume in error.  I'd rather brew it as an ale, anyway.  I've gotten too lazy as a rule to bother with a true lager.

• Like 1

I may have to pick up a few. Awesome deal. How long is this deal available to the community?

I just bought one along with a recipe for an IPA.  I haven't made a spiced beer or an IPA yet.

Where is Winter 2014 Seasonal?
Its time for Spring 2015 and I haven't seen 2014 Winter

A little slow huh?

I did, by the way, order 4 of these

• Like 1

JoshR@ Mr B. I appreciate this community sale. I plan to take advantage if sales offered again and I have needs.

Re Spiced Ale - I made one in 2013 and really liked it. I have another unbrewed can from an earlier sale so I will pass with same shipping charge comment as Joe. I would have to buy more stuff to justify the shipping, but I don't need it right now.

Still these should be good for a while yet, My can says good until Aug 2015 on it. The spice pack might have deteriorated though - fresh might be better.

Nevertheless it is a GREAT deal. You have to keep it for a good time to get good taste.

Whats the unofficial "official" word on how long part expiration date are these HME good for?  Does refrigerating help any?  Does it vary by type?

Thanks for any wisdom.

I bought mine today, plan to brew in March, bottle and then try to forget about it until November.

I haven't brewed a MB or a HME beer in a long time and this would be a good deal. I think I'll freshen it up with a 1/4 lb carpils steep and as BDawg62 said above let it sit in the bottles until late fall or so. I was always a fan of the MB Seasonals and use to brew them all as soon as they were released.

I'm so dumb. I just realized this is the winter of 2013 seasonal and close to expiring. It was all spelled out in big bright letters, but I got so mesmerized by the term "pre-sale" that I thought it was the newest seasonal. Time for me to slow down and pay attention. Still a good deal, though.

Ya got me. I was debating for 2 days if i should buy a capper and another lbk. Seen this deal bought 2 of them an lbk caps and the bottle capper. Had to justify the shipping and did without a doubt and sent me hobby to a new level. Ty for the oppertunity

I jumped right in--got this and another deluxe refill, some more PET bottles, stick-on thermometer, bottle capper, and caps.  :blink: I haven't even tasted my first brew yet. May need to rush home before the wife the day this all arrives. Ha!

• Like 4

I'm so dumb. I just realized this is the winter of 2013 seasonal and close to expiring. It was all spelled out in big bright letters, but I got so mesmerized by the term "pre-sale" that I thought it was the newest seasonal. Time for me to slow down and pay attention. Still a good deal, though.

Yeah, we're calling it a "pre-sale" because we're offering it to the forum community before we offer it to the public (at less of a discount). 

This is a real dark beer so not to worry on this HME - only worry on the spices.

We've been packaging FRESH spices for the past few days to include in the kit. So there's no need to worry about the spice packs. They will come with your kit as fresh as can be. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, we're calling it a "pre-sale" because we're offering it to the forum community before we offer it to the public (at less of a discount). 

Thanks, Josh.  I thought it was too good to be true for a seasonal to be 60% off before it was even released.  It was plainly obvious but I just had tunnel vision.  I'm struggling with my conscience big time now because I have so much aged extract from being sidelined so long that I should be shot for even considering adding more, especially already aged.  But this is such a good deal, I may have to accept getting shot.

• Like 1

Picked up 3. With 4 LBK's in the arsenal now, 1 of them will have it in there for the next 3 brewing rounds. Got to build up this pipe line. Can't wait.

• Like 1

This clearly was a worm dangled in front of new brewers to get them to order supplies too.  Well done Mr. Beer, well done.    :D

landing-page-templates-hook-e13329767998

• Like 3

Well done indeed.  I've been wanting to order a couple of utensils and couldn't justify the postage.  Picked up three of these and the stuff I wanted.  My friends and family will be happy, happy, happy next Christmas season.

• Like 1

Are the included spices, the aniseed, clove and cinnamon?  Or something else?

The description says the suggested lager time is 1 to 3 months,  but it comes with an ale yeast  and the instructions imply to ferment and condition as an ale.  Can you guys clear that up just a bit?  By the way, this is a SUPER deal.

If I could justify a full shipping charge for only one item, I'd sink my tooth into this right now.  Need to put on my thinking cap.

Your thinking cap is way too large

When is the 2013 summer seasonal going on sale?

Figure 6 or so months before cans expire.

How could the 2013 Winter Seasonal be expiring before the 2013 Summer Seasonal? If 2013 Summer was going to go on clearance, seems it would have done so before 2013 Winter.

Couldn't pass this up, $7.95 is a small shipping price to pay for such a tastey brew. Thank you for discounting it.

Well, I bit, ordered 2 and some bottles and more "stuff", so mission accomplished MB!  Anyone actually made this beer?  Any thoughts, ideas, opinions.  I figure I will make in June and start drinking during Thanksgiving Football Game.  Never made one of the "seasonal" HME's, any reason to play around, add some hops or are they pretty good as is seeing as they are the "cream of the crop" of offered HME's?  I don't see an recipe ideas on the site for any seasonal cans.  Splurged and paid the extra $2 for the O2 barrier bottles for this long period brew, do they actually do anything, besides take my $2!   :)

Make as is.

5 or 6 months is not a long period. Few buy those or the special caps for glass bottles.

Got me Joe.

WINTER is the only 2013 seasonal still listed.

Thanks for clearing that up, Rick. Didn't mean to get you. Never tried a seasonal before, so actually thought maybe the 2013 Winter came out early, like in Dec 2012, before the summer one came out.

I've heard enough people say they love the seasonals that I'm so tempted to try a couple at this price. 3.75 lb cans of Coopers in LHBS go for about $22. Two of these including shipping would be $14 each. I just have so much aged inventory at home already. But if I don't hurry, I'll miss the deal. Have you tried any seasonals? Are they honestly on a higher level than regular HME's.

I've not tried any seasonals, and only two of the Craft.  There is feedback on the forum on many (all?) of them, as I recall one of the first ones people felt was very off style (2013 Spring Seasonal - White IPA - people felt it was a good Belgian Witbier), but most of the others got good reviews.

I agree with you that for this price they are a good deal, and if I were still brewing HMEs I would buy some.  Even compared to brewing extract recipes as I do, this works out to $23.43 for 5 gallons (not counting shipping) and that's right on.  

Great deal for Mr. Beer forum users, and nice to get a lower price and earlier opportunity to buy than the general public.  Smart on Mr. Beer's part also, because every time someone orders more than one they economize on shipping costs, and many people will do that for this price.

This is the only 2013 Seasonal showing on the site, so the rest of them are apparently long sold out.

• Like 1

I am drinking the 2013 winter seasonal right now, it's quite tasty. I have also made the 2013 summer and fall seasonal and those have been good also.

That's a good price for that seasonal, I will pick me up some also.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys.  I'm gonna try to get 2 cans.  I'll do the first one straight up to get a read on it for my own tastes.  That will help me decide what I'd like to do for the second one.  Maybe straight up like the first.  Maybe add a little malt and sugar and get 5 gallons on the cheap.  Thanks again.

Are the included spices, the aniseed, clove and cinnamon?  Or something else?

Orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.

I've brewed the 2013 Fall Seasonal (Nut Brown Ale) and am just finishing up a batch of the 2014 Fall Seasonal, ESB.  Both were quite good.  I've got a backlog of HME myself or I'd order another ESB while they're still in stock.  Looking forward to see what the next seasonal will be, and with any luck by the time it's available I'll be ready to add a can or three to my stock. 

Okay, couldn't resist.  Just ordered 2 cans.   I hope something like this pops up again when I have much less inventory in the house.  Would get even more.

• Like 1

How long will it be available to us before the public gets it?

I was going to buy some of the robust lme since I thought it was on sale, but when I added it to my cart, it wasn't anymore (sent customer service an email too).

Joe, I think I'm going with 2 cans too.  I want 3, but I still have more than I an brew this year.

The sale goes live to the public on Saturday. Then it will only be 50% off. So get it before then if you want to save that extra 10%!

Woohoo! Payday is Friday!

Kinda like the old saying, "24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day.  Coincidence?  I think not!"

• Like 1

The sale goes live to the public on Saturday. Then it will only be 50% off. So get it before then if you want to save that extra 10%!

FYI: Its back up to $24.95 this morning. Had it in my shopping cart last night but ran out of time to actually place the order.

FYI: Its back up to $24.95 this morning. Had it in my shopping cart last night but ran out of time to actually place the order.

It should still be open. I'll check on that and see what the deal is.

Super deal. If I wasn't so flush with ingredients right now I would have ordered much more. Thanks for the opportunity. Excellent!

Looks like I will grab 2-3 to add to my beer locker for the near future when I wont have time to do long boil and AG brews.  But keeps me brewing so I am hoppy!  Shoot, almost missed out on this.  Too bad the 2014 Winter is not available - would have liked to order both side by side.

I'll start mine in a couple weeks. All my bottles are in use conditioning my first batch and I spent the rest of my mad money on this. Once I can afford caps and capper I'll start this.

To anybody who has brewed this already. The description refers to a hint of aniseed. Sounds like there may be some licorice flavors/aromas. If so how much?

• Like 1

Really wanted 3, but between the amount of stock I have and not knowing how much aniseed taste it will have, I only got 2 plus some yeast.  Been brewing more cider than beer lately and have ran low on yeast.

So is the aniseed flavor in the malt or is it included in the spices?

• Like 1

To anybody who has brewed this already. The description refers to a hint of aniseed. Sounds like there may be some licorice flavors/aromas. If so how much?

I am currently drinking this one and I wouldn't say the anise flavor is that strong. I taste more orange peel than anything. It's definitely worth making.

• Like 1

Thank you for the great deal.  My inventory just went up.  3 LBKs full now - a lot of brewing to do!!!

• Like 2

Literally in the middle of checkout with this and the Summer Brew and the price went back to normal right before my eyes!  Hope that's just a glitch!

Josh, if you read on a side note, I looked under root beer supplies and there is a banner for "Buy 3 get one free and free shipping on $100 purchase"  If that is an old promotion probably should take it down.

Thanks, 

The spice pack is new.  We keep them vacuum packed and keep minimum in stock to make sure we don't have the issue you mentioned.

Still these should be good for a while yet, My can says good until Aug 2015 on it. The spice pack might have deteriorated though - fresh might be better.

I wanted it to be really clear about the best buy dating.  In the past we have had a few issues and I am really wanting to put an end to that.  If we have product that is coming close to the best buy date, then you will see it.  There will be no surprise.  However, to you that buy a ton for the pantry keep it in mind when you buy.  Brew this up.  As it has been said, the malt will darken, but minimal taste changes if you go past the date.  

Also, one other thing.  You may have noticed that this best buy date seems to creep up a lot quicker than it used to.  This is because we are now putting a 2 year shelf life on our products instead of 3 like we did prior to Coopers.  This has made product management much more difficult on our side but you, the brewers, win.  Our stuff is the freshest available.

• Like 3

I wanted it to be really clear about the best buy dating. In the past we have had a few issues and I am really wanting to put an end to that. If we have product that is coming close to the best buy date, then you will see it. There will be no surprise. However, to you that buy a ton for the pantry keep it in mind when you buy. Brew this up. As it has been said, the malt will darken, but minimal taste changes if you go past the date.

Also, one other thing. You may have noticed that this best buy date seems to creep up a lot quicker than it used to. This is because we are now putting a 2 year shelf life on our products instead of 3 like we did prior to Coopers. This has made product management much more difficult on our side but you, the brewers, win. Our stuff is the freshest available.

All true. It was only my hastiness that fooled me. Everything was spelled out perfectly. I figured the dates had been purposely shortened and that's a good thing. Far out dates do encourage a tendency to get lax about procrastinating instead of using them up as fresh as possible. I do apologize if it sounded as though I was blaming you guys for my misunderstanding. I ended up ordering a couple cans after all, and very happy I did. Just wish I had waited a few more days to include the summer seasonal on the order with just one shipping charge. Will just be grateful for the ones I did get.
  • Like 1

So is the aniseed flavor in the malt or is it included in the spices?

I am wondering about this as well.

The aniseed flavor is a characteristic of the malt extract. It is faint, but noticeable.

Just a friendly update: This Community Pre-Sale will be ending in approximately 24 hours.

The aniseed flavor is a characteristic of the malt extract. It is faint, but noticeable.

Hopefully it won't be too bad since I've got 2 cans coming.

I'm jumping on this one. I just drank my last bottle of my first brew of it and it finally tasted like I had hoped. My daughter/co-taster described it early on as "halfway between bacon and soap," but after seeing the comments on translating  OG to conditioning time, I was way too impatient.

I delayed and dropped the dewpoint dunkel deal (sorry but couldn't resist) so I am grabbing this and another from my wish list.

Thanks to Mr. Beer folks and to the community for getting me on this adventure. Eric's Latest Mistake is definitely a family and friends endeavor and it will be nice to have some worthy efforts.

Hopefully it won't be too bad since I've got 2 cans coming.

Unless you have a very refined palate, you probably won't notice it. The other spices come through much stronger (because they are fresh), as does the malt itself.

Is the still available?

I went to try and snag a couple, and the title said 60% off exclusive, but the grand total was full price.

Sorry to any who missed it!

We're aiming to have similar community exclusives down the road so stay tuned!