Mr.Beer Community

Hey guys i have a couple batches coming up in a few weeks and i wanted to know where i should go to design and buy custom beer labels?

I TOO AM STILL A ROOK WHEN IT COMES TO BREWING, BUT I DO KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT GRAPHIC ARTS DESIGN. 

HAVE SPENT THE LAST FEW WEEKS LOOKING AT BEER LABELS AND BEER LABELING SOFTWARE ON THE INTERNET.  FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR,ONLY IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER-BASED GRAPHIC ARTS WOULD I RECOMMEND ANYONE USING SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS THAT YOU CAN VERY EASILY FIND VIA GOOGLE OR SOME OTHER INTERNET SEARCH ENGINE.  

I RECOMMEND YOU HAVE SOME FUN AND DESIGN YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL BEER LABEL THAT AS A MINIMUM HAS YOUR UNIQUE BREW BATCH NAME, DATE YOUR WORT WAS CREATED, ALCOHOL CONTENT BY VOLUME, BOTTLING LOCATION AND BOTTLING DATE.

DESIGN YOUR OWN UNIQUE LABEL IN SOMETHING AS ELEMENTARY AS MICROSOFT POWERPOINT, PRINT YOUR LABELS WITH A BASIC LASER PRINTER, CUT THEM OUT YOURSELF AND THEN INVEST IN A $.79 GLUE STICK TO APPLY YOUR CREATIONS TO YOUR BOTTLES.

WHAT I HAVE FOUND SO FAR IS THAT THERE ARE NO RULES REGARDING BEER LABELING.  YOUR ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION WHEN IT COMES TO BEER LABELING.

HAVE SOME FUN, SHARE WITH US YOUR CREATIONS AND BOW TO NO BEER LABELING SNOBS!!

Well what program would you use. I found label factory delux and it has great reviews. I used to be a techie but im old now and i dont pay attention to stuff like that anymore. Can i buy the sticker paper for the labels or would i just use a glue stick? lol. Id love for these to look as professional as possible.

Hey guys i have a couple batches coming up in a few weeks and i wanted to know where i should go to design and buy custom beer labels?

I TOO AM STILL A ROOK WHEN IT COMES TO BREWING, BUT I DO KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT GRAPHIC ARTS DESIGN. 

HAVE SPENT THE LAST FEW WEEKS LOOKING AT BEER LABELS AND BEER LABELING SOFTWARE ON THE INTERNET.  FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR,ONLY IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER-BASED GRAPHIC ARTS WOULD I RECOMMEND ANYONE USING SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS THAT YOU CAN VERY EASILY FIND VIA GOOGLE OR SOME OTHER INTERNET SEARCH ENGINE.  

I RECOMMEND YOU HAVE SOME FUN AND DESIGN YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL BEER LABEL THAT AS A MINIMUM HAS YOUR UNIQUE BREW BATCH NAME, DATE YOUR WORT WAS CREATED, ALCOHOL CONTENT BY VOLUME, BOTTLING LOCATION AND BOTTLING DATE.

DESIGN YOUR OWN UNIQUE LABEL IN SOMETHING AS ELEMENTARY AS MICROSOFT POWERPOINT, PRINT YOUR LABELS WITH A BASIC LASER PRINTER, CUT THEM OUT YOURSELF AND THEN INVEST IN A $.79 GLUE STICK TO APPLY YOUR CREATIONS TO YOUR BOTTLES.

WHAT I HAVE FOUND SO FAR IS THAT THERE ARE NO RULES REGARDING BEER LABELING.  YOUR ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION WHEN IT COMES TO BEER LABELING.

HAVE SOME FUN, SHARE WITH US YOUR CREATIONS AND BOW TO NO BEER LABELING SNOBS!!

Well what program would you use. I found label factory delux and it has great reviews. I used to be a techie but im old now and i dont pay attention to stuff like that anymore. Can i buy the sticker paper for the labels or would i just use a glue stick? lol. Id love for these to look as professional as possible.

I USE MICROSOFT POWRPOINT ONLY BECAUSE IT CAME BUNDLED WITH THE LAP TOP I CURRENTLY USE, AND IT IS FAIRLY SIMPLE TO MASTER. 

THERE ARE OTHER MUCH MORE SOPHISTICATED GRAPHICS SOFTWARE AVAILABLE IF YOU CARE TO SPEND THE MONEY AND TIME.  I WOULD RECOMMEND PLAIN COMPUTER PRINTER PAPER -OR- YOU COULD INVEST IN GLOSSY PAPER.  MY ONLY RECOMMENDATION IS THAT IF YOU ARE JUST BOTTLING FOR YOUR OWN USE, PLAIN PAPER SHOULD BE FINE.  IF YOU ARE BOTTLING FOR GIFTS FOR FRIENDS A STANDARD LASER PRINTER ON GLOSSY PAPER IS A BIT MORE IMPRESSIVE. 

USE A GLUE STICK BECAUSE IT IS EASIER TO REMOVE THE LABEL WITH HOT SOAPY WATER, IF YOU INTEND TO REUSE THE BOTTLE.  MY WIFE IS NOW RETIRED AND HAS A SMALL GRAPHICS ARTS / WEB SITE DESIGN BUSINESS THAT SHE RUNS OUT OF A FEW ROOMS IN OUR HOME.  I HELP AT TIMES GETTING HER NEW BUSINESS.  I TRIED TO GET HER TO IMPROVE ON SOME BEER DESIGNS I HAD CREATED WITH SCANTILY-CLAD MERMAIDS AS PART OF THE LABEL AND SHE JUST GLARED AT ME AND THREW ME OUT OF HER OFFICE.  I WONDER WHY?

I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO COME UP WITH A VERY PROFESSIONAL LOOKING PRODUCT WITH THIS BASIC INFO -OR- YOU CAN USE SOME OF THE ON-LINE PRODUCTS.  DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND.

I go to Lowe's of Home Depot. A sharpie pen and blue painters masking tape. The perfect label for the perfect beer.

• Like 1

sdrake, on 26 Jan 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

I go to Lowe's of Home Depot. A sharpie pen and blue painters masking tape. The perfect label for the perfect beer.

Got to like a minimalist.  :lol:   Like I got room to talk. I scribble on the pry off tops.  Won't even pay for masking tape  :P

• Like 1

Got to like a minimalist.  :lol:   Like I got room to talk. I scribble on the pry off tops.  Won't even pay for masking tape  :P

TO EACH HIS OWN!  I AM ONLY INVESTING IN THE TIME TO CREATE A LABEL, TO IMPRESS SOME FRIENDS.  OTHERWISE....THE MINIMALIST APPROACH IS JUST FINE FOR MY PERSONAL CONSUMPTION. :)

AFTER ALL AND BOTTOM LINE ITS ABOUT WHAT IS IN THE BOTTLES MORE SO THAN WHAT IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THEM!!!!

Yea im going to get some nice labels for beer i intend to give to friends. Just makes nice gifts otherwise i box em up label the box

Yea im going to get some nice labels for beer i intend to give to friends. Just makes nice gifts otherwise i box em up label the box

I CHECKED THIS OUT AND EVEN INVESTED IN THE VERY MODEST $5.00 REGISTRATION FEE.  --------> http://www.beerlabelizer.com/  I CAN EASILY USE THEIR 12 SAMPLES AS A BASE LABEL AND THEN MAKE MY OWN MODIFICATIONS.   TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Will do! Thank you!

I CHECKED THIS OUT AND EVEN INVESTED IN THE VERY MODEST $5.00 REGISTRATION FEE.  --------> http://www.beerlabelizer.com/  I CAN EASILY USE THEIR 12 SAMPLES AS A BASE LABEL AND THEN MAKE MY OWN MODIFICATIONS.   TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Been looking at this site for few days i do love the designs amd customability