Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neldred

So what's the recipe you keep coming back to?

What's your guys fav that you continue to create, and which batch number was it that you first made it?

Neldred,
Englishmans Nut Brown Ale was the first kit that I made.
I still love it.

ENB + Mellow Amber + Booster

or

ENB + Creamy Brown + Booster

You can add honey or brown sugar or molasses(take it easy) or Steens ribbon cane syrup or sorghum or any fermentable. ENB can stand up to strong additions.

It is my favorite.

I always seem to come back to Defib Dopplebock, Honye Maibock or Honey Hefeweizen. Those are my three staple beers.

Riptide Red
Jamaica Mon

...I've started to modify them with different hop additions and I'm giving serious consideration to adding a steeping grain to one or both of them.

it's not a mr beer batch but the irish red i got from midwest. even at a week in the bottle it's awesome.

I usually start with a Cowboy Lager or HCCD standard refill (HME + booster) and add either 1.5 lbs Coopers light LME (bought in bulk) or 1 lb of light or pilsen DME.

Fumus wrote:

Where do you guys get the DME from?

i get mine from midwestsupplies.com, others have got it from dmemart.com .

or you could get it from your local homebrew supply if you have one near you.

Fumus wrote:

Where do you guys get the DME from?

I've bought it from my LHBS and from Annapolis Home Brew.

I might try DMEMart next time if it's too long before I get to the LHBS.

For me, it is Liquid Manna right now, which is an ever evolving slightly modified Abbey Dubble. It was my 6th batch. There is actually a bit of a funny story here...I am currently aging the third batch,and grabbed a stubby out of the fridge to sample last night. I was VERY dissappointed, and could not figure out how that flavor got into that beer. Later, when I went to grab something else, there was my stubby...still in the fridge!!! The one I drank had no label, I forgot even putting it in the fridge, so I have no idea which one it was...guess I will figure it out later. Tonight I will do the proper QA on the one still in the fridge...man, hope it goes better than last night!

David

harlick187 wrote:

I always seem to come back to Defib Dopplebock, Honye Maibock or Honey Hefeweizen. Those are my three staple beers.

Honey maibock has been my staple for quite some time now. i can't get away from it

One more! Cowboy Lager w/pale Ume, booster, 1/2 oz Cascade steeped and Vienna octfest w/sparkling amber Dme are my favs so far. :silly:

I love English Men's Nut brown Ale + Creamy Brown UME + brown sugar + honey. I also have a pineapple beer that turns out pretty good every time I make it. Shilegeah Stout is also real good.

mxstar21 wrote:

I love English Men's Nut brown Ale + Creamy Brown UME + brown sugar + honey. I also have a pineapple beer that turns out pretty good every time I make it. Shilegeah Stout is also real good.

How much BS & honey? Seems like a lot of sugar.

I have only brewed three batches but I will definitely return to the HCCD, I was a big fan.

I am a big fan of the Shameless Stout and the Big Bean Bock.

I tend to enjoy the heavier beers and really feel inspired when the cool weather sets in.

This summer I brewed some lighter batches and IPAs, but Fall and Winter are the time of year I really blossom into a creative brewer!!