Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

Barley the Brew Pup Recipes

Everyone here at Mr. Beer really loves pets... but I think dogs may be a unanimous favorite. That is why we are excited to announce an upcoming collaboration with Instagram's favorite beer dog: Barley the Brew Pup. 

Each month, Barley will create a unique recipe that will be for sale on Mr. Beer's website.10% of the proceeds made from Barley's recipes will be donated to the Humane Society of Southern Arizona to help dogs that are in need of a loving home. 

To check out more pictures of this beer-loving, homebrewing dog, his Instagram name is @barleythebrewpup. 

*Please note: While Barley loves helping out and posing with beer, he isn't allowed to drink it.  :)

post-64565-0-17715700-1422994438_thumb.j

post-64565-0-63032500-1422994450_thumb.j

• Like 4

*Please note: While Barley loves helping out and posing with beer, he isn't allowed to drink it.  :)

CAN'T DRINK THE BEER?!!!

THE TRAGEDY!!!!

:(  :(  :(

• Like 1

How does sanitation work here...?   :o

They say a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's...

They say a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's...

I've heard that.  I assume Barley is brewing with his paws, not his mouth.  Either way, whether it's dog saliva or dog fur, I don't see a big focus on sanitation, and these brews may go to the dogs...

• Like 2

Rick- Haha I agree.. his paws and mouth are definitely NOT sanitary.

Though it will look like Barley is apart of the brewing/drinking of the beer, I assure he is not. Everything is just staged. Its amazing how well he will sit still while wearing all sorts of outfits or balancing equipment on his head (of course he is focused on the treats behind the camera). Sanitization is actually our top priority during brew day (Everything gets whipped down/bleached before any actual wort is produced or beer is transferred on bottling day). Post boil and on bottling day, he is not even allowed on the kitchen side of the house.

We are excited to work on this collaboration with Mr Beer. It gives us a chance to explore some of the more creative ideas by brewing with common household ingredients (that will kind of be the theme of our recipes). Barley truly is a member of the family. Im sure a lot of you home brewers out there have BrewPup assistants that are always at your side no matter what your up to. This also allows us to try to help give back as 10% of the proceeds with go to the Arizona Humane Society. 

With all this said, we feel in no way that we are the authority or end all be all of home brewing. We know there is more then one way to skin a cat (Pun intended), and everyone has their own brewing style/process. We will just be sharing how we do things. 

Cheers Everyone and Happy Brewing!

• Like 4

This is awesome! I actually got my dog from the Southern AZ Humane Society many years ago. She was a 5 month old rescue and was in bad shape. Now she's almost 15 years old and has led a very happy life. This is a great idea!

30885_1400016476885_1267982_n.jpg?oh=82f

This is my dog, Isis, when she was about 7 years old. :)

• Like 6

Rick- Haha I agree.. his paws and mouth are definitely NOT sanitary.

Though it will look like Barley is apart of the brewing/drinking of the beer, I assure he is not. Everything is just staged. Its amazing how well he will sit still while wearing all sorts of outfits or balancing equipment on his head (of course he is focused on the treats behind the camera). Sanitization is actually our top priority during brew day (Everything gets whipped down/bleached before any actual wort is produced or beer is transferred on bottling day). Post boil and on bottling day, he is not even allowed on the kitchen side of the house.

We are excited to work on this collaboration with Mr Beer. It gives us a chance to explore some of the more creative ideas by brewing with common household ingredients (that will kind of be the theme of our recipes). Barley truly is a member of the family. Im sure a lot of you home brewers out there have BrewPup assistants that are always at your side no matter what your up to. This also allows us to try to help give back as 10% of the proceeds with go to the Arizona Humane Society. 

With all this said, we feel in no way that we are the authority or end all be all of home brewing. We know there is more then one way to skin a cat (Pun intended), and everyone has their own brewing style/process. We will just be sharing how we do things. 

Cheers Everyone and Happy Brewing!

I'm confused.  Barley posts and refers to himself as "his"?  Not the royal "we"?

• Like 2

This is Johnny. He was also adopted from a local rescue that was fostering him from the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. He not only hoards toys (as pictured below) but is also a world-class snuggler and would let an intruder rob us blind in exchange for a belly rub. 

Raising awareness for animal adoption and homeless animals is a cause I am extremely passionate about, and I am lucky enough to work for a company that is allowing me to create a collaboration with another adopted pup (Barley) that will benefit animals in need here in Arizona  :) Cheers to Mr. Beer! 

10521530_10203093118348055_3033234734175

• Like 4

Look at that face. How can anyone say no to that? :wub:

• Like 1

Josh- I agree. We picked Barley (his name was bucket at the time) at a local rescue. How someone could dump a pup with this face is beyond us!

post-65452-0-75528500-1423025320_thumb.j

• Like 1

Move over Spuds McKenzie, there's a new Brew Dog in town. B)

• Like 1

My dog loves to help...mostly likes drinking out of glass when im not looking. Gonna keep my eye open for this