Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheCapeman

A quick hello

Well, I suppose I should step out of the shadows and quit lurking. . .

Hello. I'm Rick (yes, another one) and I too received an LBK kit with CAL for Xmas 2014

Since then I've brewed bottled and nearly consumed all of it. And it wasn't terrible, swmbo even said it was good.

The Aztec cervesa was next and will be done its 4 week conditioning on March 7th

Brewing now is the Blue Patriot recipe. (Added the blueberries at the 1 wk-mark, also have some extract at bottling time)

All along the way I absorbed SO much knowledge off this forum. What a site! I'm almost more into reading about brewing beer than I am actually brewing.

Almost.

Anyways, just thought I'd quit being a wallflower, make a profile and say hello.

:-)

• Like 4

awesome man. i too am going to brew a blue patriot next. just ordered the recipe and some extract, cant wait!

Welcome to the BORG, Capeman. We all lurk at sometime or another...either here or somewhere else on the net (where??? left unsaid). Ask away and please donate your own knowledge, advice, info etc. Mr Beer has got you hooked now and never lets go. So that being said...BREW ON

Salud my friends.

Welcome, awesome name!

I found Blue Patriot to be very disappointing unfortunately.  I hope you like it better, I would think that adding some extract at bottling would help.

Thanks, everyone for the warm hellos, and thank you to all the vets for their info and knowledge. I was able to learn a lot just from absorbing this these forums the past 2 months.

So I'm now 4 batches in. Can't complain about the process nor the results. Nice little community here; the information available is great and i try to log in every day and read all the new stuff on all the topics.

CAL and MAC now brewed, bottled and consumed. Neither one was terrible, neither one was great. Blue Patriot is now ready (following 3-4 of course)and i tried one last night after 3 days in fridge and you know what? Best one yet! Added the blueberry puree after first week and gently added 2 ozs blueberry extract after the second week. Spot on. Will let the other 7 liters condition even longer for improved performance but I am happy with the results. Bottled Wild Wheat today, should be ready (minimum) end of April. Have empty LBK now. Sad. Thinking hopithany white IPA next. Love the obsession. Thanks for the goodtimes Mr. Beer! Rick

Glad to have another member here. Just send any extra beer to me and you'll fit in great, I'm sure.

Tried a bottle of Wild Wheat last night. Even better than the Blue Patriot! It was awesome by itself and even slightly better with a tiny bit of watermellon extract added to the bottom of the glass before pouring. Either my methods are improving or Im choosing better recipies! (Probably a little of both!) Hopithany White IPA is bottled, ready around memorial day. Thinking about steeping some grains for next batch (undecided what kind to make) way too much fun!