Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
dbrowning

HAs Mr Beer Dropped Seasonal Beers?

We did have a winter seasonal. It was even on sale for a few weeks. It was the Belgian Spiced Ale.

A Spring Wheat would be nice... with citrusy aromas, tart but sweet flavors, crisp finish, and tons of head!

We did have a winter seasonal. It was even on sale for a few weeks. It was the Belgian Spiced Ale.

That was 2013

I bought 4 of those when you did the clearance sale on them a few weeks ago

That's OLD

That was 2013

I bought 4 of those when you did the clearance sale on them a few weeks ago

That's OLD

and funny you don't remember that since you posted this?

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Joechianti, on 22 Jan 2015 - 9:51 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm so dumb. I just realized this is the winter of 2013 seasonal and close to expiring. It was all spelled out in big bright letters, but I got so mesmerized by the term "pre-sale" that I thought it was the newest seasonal. Time for me to slow down and pay attention. Still a good deal, though.

Yeah, we're calling it a "pre-sale" because we're offering it to the forum community before we offer it to the public (at less of a discount). 

The timing of the seasons does tend to be a bit confusing to me, too, but I must admit, I love the prices when buying the older ones. I'm looking forward to buying the 2014 Winter Seasonal on closeout when it comes out in 2015. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Well, the Winter 2013 seasonal came out late Nov 2013,  too close to Christmas to make it for that holiday. I brewed I that Dec. and it is all drunk up. And I bought another in May 2014  which I did not use yet

Since it is 2015, it looks like Mr B missed the 2014 seasonal winter offering although I appreciate the reoffering of the 2013 season :-).

So when is the 2015 winter seasonal coming out? :-)

We have had internal conversations about when to bring these out.  When we bring them out too early there seems to be a lack of interest while bringing them out on the date of the new season I get some people saying it is too late.  We did have some issues though thanks to the longshoreman that had our container of beer siting in Long Beach harbor for 6 weeks.  I will leave it at that, but at least it is one step closer to your home.  Should we let that spring seasonal one fly now?  I am also pretty excited about the summer seasonal as I have that one sitting right here on my desk!  

• Like 1

I've seen a calendar that you guys have produced for your new kits.

It seems like if you present the seasonals with the proper timeframe and tell us: "Hey!  Buy this now and it will be ready by [such and such date] at our discounted price!"

That would be the way I would do it.

Selling beer recipes should be the opposite of apparel:  

• apparel sales are at the end of the season to clear the racks.
  • beer sales should be before the season so it's ready in time (kind of like fad diets that come out during the winter so people look "beach ready")

While marketing is merely a supplementary part of my day-to-day career, I really do believe that this would be the best way to present sales to us, the customers.

I think if you if worry less about what to release at a particular interval, you should concentrate more on when to release selected recipes.

It's nice that a wintery brew was released during winter.  However, the recipe itself wouldn't be ready to drink until spring at the earliest.

• Like 2

Vakko, on 19 Feb 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

beer sales should be before the season so it's ready in time (kind of like fad diets that come out during the winter so people look "beach ready")

I got to agree with that.

Those who say a seasonal beer should be ready to DRINK when the season arrives rather than ready to start brewing at that time seem to make a very good point.

• Like 2

Agree with the comments on timing. Sell the refill early enough to be able to drink it in season and have it be adequately matured.

e.g. I would expect Winter ales to be available to brew at least 9 months earlier than the drinking season.

You could also sell it on that basis - "brew now for best drinking at XXX date range."

Maybe the Longshoreman need an extra pint as encouragement  :-)

We have had internal conversations about when to bring these out.  When we bring them out too early there seems to be a lack of interest while bringing them out on the date of the new season I get some people saying it is too late.  We did have some issues though thanks to the longshoreman that had our container of beer siting in Long Beach harbor for 6 weeks.  I will leave it at that, but at least it is one step closer to your home.  Should we let that spring seasonal one fly now?  I am also pretty excited about the summer seasonal as I have that one sitting right here on my desk!  

I personally think Mr. Beer releases them fine the way they are, but thats just me. Seems to me beers in the store are coming out to early for their seaonal releases anyway.

I remember when Sam Adams would release their seasonals right about the start of a season, but now they are released way before the season starts. That seems to early to me.

That's kind of what we're sayin', released them so the brews will be ready by the season. I.e. I will be brewing my spiced winter ale(Winter Time) in June so it's ready by Christmas.

• Like 2

Maybe the Longshoreman need an extra pint as encouragement  :-)

I think everyone can use a pint for encouragement!   :lol:

• Like 1

I think everyone can use a pint for encouragement!   :lol:

How about an answer?

Will there be a winter Seasonal this year?

Will Spring Seasonal be ready to drink before September?

dbrowning, on 19 Feb 2015 - 7:45 PM, said:

How about an answer?

Will there be a winter Seasonal this year?

Will Spring Seasonal be ready to drink before September?

Will Luke find Laura?

For these answers and more, tune in tomorrow for "As The Stomach Turns"  :lol:

• Like 2

Why no Winter seasonal yet?

Its Almost Spring

The 2014 Baltic Porter winter seaonal was listed on the website for most of last year and then it disappeared. Not sure if it's not being made or maybe it has to do with sitting

in a container for 6 weeks as MRB Rick stated.

That's odd

I have looked pretty often

Only thing I get from Mr Beer is the Seasonals, so Ive been watching for it

Also searching this forum for "2014 Baltic Porter" shows no results

Except for your reply to this post

That's odd

I have looked pretty often

Only thing I get from Mr Beer is the Seasonals, so Ive been watching for it

Also searching this forum for "2014 Baltic Porter" shows no results

Except for your reply to this post

That's probably the Carbonaro effect.

I see "Spring, Summer, Summer, Autumn."  No winter 2014 <shrug>  :blink:

Still wondering

Will there be a winter seasonal?

Like minds continue to wonder... 

• Like 1

I pretty much just make my own seasonal calendar, and I'm not depending on Mr Beer to think for me.

Spring: All American Bourbon Oaked Ale

Summer: Limoncello Wheatbeer

Fall: Belgian Feuerzangenappelsienen Dark Ale

Winter: Transatlantic ExS Porter

All my own variations on either Mr. Beer or NB recipes.

Fall: Belgian Feuerzangenappelsienen Dark Ale

What is this?!

Like minds continue to wonder... 

I believe that Rick Z stated that they have a bunch of stuff stuck in shipping containers, sitting offshore, waiting for the two month dock worker's backlog to arrive, so any seasonal brews slated for this time of year would then be two months or more late...

As will Easter supplies for retailers all over the country.

Thank you dock workers.

I mean... they're dock workers... not NASA engineers.  You want better pay?  Go work at another dock.  Unions ruined this country.  That's why all of our stuff is made in China.

• Like 2

Very interesting.

But if I'm going to set something on fire and then drink it, it better be the green fairy:

220px-Absinthe-glass.jpg

Great, now I have to make an Absinthe on Top IPA... thanks.

• Like 1

Oh well, big sales of chocolate bunnies and eggs for July 4th. It will make a different slant to the holiday.

I frequent the Coopers sight whenever I get the ROTM email. Now, I know that MrB extracts are not Coopers extracts, but is it possible to follow a Coopers ROTM with MrB extracts and ingredients?

If I was at home, I could compare the coopers HME to MrB HME on Qbrew.

Initially, I would assume everything would be basically the same.  But I can't prove it atm.

You can get pretty close, I'm sure, depending on the recipe. We may have different cans, but the malt is made in the same place, so technically, our malts are still Coopers malts.

• Like 1

They do sell something that I wish MrB would carry:

be2-700x700.png

From what I've read on other MRB enthusiast websites, splitting a Cooper's Kit between two LBKs make some pretty delicious beers. I imagine putting one into 24LX kit would make a good (but weeker) brew.

From what I've read on other MRB enthusiast websites, splitting a Cooper's Kit between two LBKs make some pretty delicious beers. I imagine putting one into 24LX kit would make a good (but weeker) brew.

They have 23 liter recipes, too.

They do sell something that I wish MrB would carry:

be2-700x700.png

This is basically the same thing as our Booster.

Enhancer 1 is...

But enhancer 2 is booster + malt

Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 contains dextrose and maltodextrin. The dextrose will ferment out completely with no risidual cidery flavours whilst the maltodextrin does not ferment thus improving the body, mouthfeel and head retention. The Light Dry Malt, being 100% pale malt, will further add to the body and increase the malt character of your favourite brew. Great for use with any beer styles where a fuller, maltier flavour is preferred.
  • Like 1

Ah, yes. I was referring to Brew Enhancer 1. I stand corrected.

Ah, yes. I was referring to Brew Enhancer 1. I stand corrected.

So what's the dealy-o?  Mr. Beer Booster + BrewMax Pale?

• Like 1