Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
stlcty

trub bottle

does the trub bottle carbonate very fast? i bottled my beer yesterday after 3 weeks. today i was checking the firmness of the bottle. all of the bottles are pretty soft which i expected being day 1, but the trub bottle is very hard and has no give. is that bottle going to explode if i let it keep going?

i should also add that because of the amount of beer that was left i was only able to fill the bottle up about halfway. i dont know if that makes an impact or not

ive had that happen plenty of times too.  when im left with only half a bottle on the last one I usually just stick it in the fridge and drink it without worrying about carbing.

My last bottle collected extra trub and firmed up quicker than the others.

I still have one more week of carbing. Two more batches are prime for bottling now three weeks.

There is quite a bit of trub on one batch from a rich formula. I will test the cold crash method on this one. Wish I knew about the trub ramp earlier.

Probably will not be batching for another few weeks, I am experimenting with a home made chiller/heater for the LBK. I do not have space for the kegerator.

Good topic, learning quite a bit from this forum.

i am starting to wonder about infection with this batch though. granted that bottle did have trub, it was day 1 and hard as a rock. i decided to open it and it was way more carbed than my other batch that has been conditioned for over 4 weeks now. also it smelled very odd and tasted sour as well. 

So you drank from a bottle that was full of yeast and only carbed/conditioned for 2 days and it tasted bad? Shock/surprise/astonishment.

Leave the rest of the batch alone for 4 weeks.

• Like 2