Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
cams

old michelob style beer

Does anyone remember how michelob used to be. Not the light or ultra. Anyway i would like to find recipe that was like that. It was kind of creamy and not very bitter but plenty of body. I just brewed a BAA and have an Octoberfest in the LBK. The BAA is very good but a little bitter for me. Any ideas here would be appreciated.

If you are going for that style, I would go with a standard refill and a pale LME pack from Mr. Beer.  Should be close.  More LME will add more body.  

All American Gold - Recipe

MAKES APPROX. 2 GALLONS OF BEER IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS TIME.
OG: 1.042 (approx.) -- FG: 1.011(approx.)
Suggested lager time is 3 to 6 weeks.

Flavor: Malty
ABV (alc/vol): 4.2%
SRM (Color): 3
IBU (Bitterness): 14

Looking for that classic lawnmower beer that just goes down icy cold on a hot, dry day? This is your beer, pale, delicately balanced with traditional hops, refreshing and that salve that soothes the savage thirst!

RECIPE INCLUDES:
1 Can Classic American Light HME
1 BrewMax DME Softpack - Pale
1 Packet Dry Brewing Yeast (under lid of HME)
1 1/2 oz. Packet Willamette Pellet Hops
1 Muslin Hop Sack
1 Packet No-Rinse Cleanser

• Like 1

This is a good place to start and then you can change it around to better suit your flavor profile.

I assumed you meant MGD right?

This is an ale recipe; if you want a lager but low IBU (bitterness), you're going to have to create your own recipe because MrB doesn't have that many lagers to choose from yet.

If you want, I could come up with a recipe for you.

Thanks for the replies. I have a CAL that i wasn't sure what to do with. I don't really drink light beers much but i may try that All American recipe. I do need to have a plan for a thirst quenching summer beer in my pipeline. Right now i am looking for something a bit heavier but not dark or bitter. How about a blond with an lme or even a wheat beer wityh an lme. I may be answering my own questions. Thanks for the help.

The Aztec refill is pretty low hop (13 IBU) - you could brew that as a lager and add in a pale LME, or even a pack of booster. The booster will give it more body/head but keep the flavor light.. I think most Mexican beers are usually lagers.

The Aztec refill is pretty low hop (13 IBU) - you could brew that as a lager and add in a pale LME, or even a pack of booster. The booster will give it more body/head but keep the flavor light.. I think most Mexican beers are usually lagers.

Surprisingly, they are.  It's so hot there!

Surprisingly, they are.  It's so hot there!

There's a German influence (tending towards lagers) in many countries Mexico, China, USA, etc.