Mr.Beer Community
Jamescraig317

Bottle Prime or Batch Prime

This may be a fairly dumb question to ask, but is it feasible to cook up the priming solution a week in advance and store in the fridge until a batch finishes fermenting? 

No. Risk of infection. It takes less than 5 mins to make it, cover pot and put in bigger pot of ice and water to cool it

• Like 3

k2-_81d13575-498a-4e91-99bb-e7b323d4d43bor 7_9_gal_bucket_and_spigot_cx.jpg

Darn it. My slimline didnt come with the fancy waves on the side of it. Im taking it back.

• Like 3

How do you attach a bottling wand to the slimline? I haven't tried it but it does look like a hose will stay attached like it does to the spigot on the LBK

If you mean the 2.5 gallon by Arrow, it fits inside it.

Take the Arrow spigot off and try twisting the wand into the nozzle.  If it's too tight, get a drill bit and turn it BY HAND to slightly enlarge the opening.  It shouldn't take more than a twist or two to scrap enough plastic.  

Basically I turn it clockwise into the nozzle, and counter clockwise to remove it.

Take the Arrow spigot off and try twisting the wand into the nozzle.  If it's too tight, get a drill bit and turn it BY HAND to slightly enlarge the opening.  It shouldn't take more than a twist or two to scrap enough plastic.  

Basically I turn it clockwise into the nozzle, and counter clockwise to remove it.

Thanks. I'll give that a try

picked up a slimline last night, in anticipation of bottling my Bavarian Weissbier this weekend.  I have done all bottling direct from LBK to bottles thus far, with carb drops or sugar, but I want to add extract to this batch, and whereas I don't mind slight variation on carbonation, I think i'd prefer flavoring to be consistent.  

So, I tested last night and the bottling wand does indeed slide into the slimline spigot.  question being, is this going to leak on me?  fit was snug, but rigid plastic on rigid plastic doesn't always make the best seal.  

It will work fine.  On mine, I have to twist it to get it into the spigot on the slimline.

Just get a little flexible clear tubing and the fit will work better.  You only need a little over an inch.  You can probably find that much on the floor at home depot in the tubing isle.

While tubing works great for the LBK and a bottling wand (both have the same outside diameter), I don't know how it would work for the slimline, since the inner diameter of the slimline spigot matches the outer diameter of the bottling wand.