Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Travis Eidson

my first batch is awesome!

My first batch was a major success. I am enjoying my very own home brewed American Porter.

congrats!  

• Like 2

I been drinking my baa. Straight up. Love it. I think it might be my favorite beer now. Gotta order some refills

• Like 1

I just started enjoying my first batch of American Light. :D

My wife and I enjoyed it much more than the budget light we normally drink, Shared one with Mother today and all are thumbs up.

I added 1 0.8oz LME which brought it up to Florida specs and darkened it just a tad. Marvelous aftertaste with a nice jolly buz.

Strange my wife said it reminded her of ALE, LOL. We know it is ALE. It reminded me of my visets to the north east where Genessee is rampant and cheap, Most of the locals like Bud headaches. I enjoy Genessee and relatives that were with I suppose.

Travis, I will have to try the American Porter one day as it seems to be one of the best base recipies to mod.

Cheers

• Like 1

man my first was...well beer, but beer i wouldnt buy lol. my 2nd batch though is much better after learning from some of my mistakes

• Like 4

I am trying to start a pipe line, i just bottled the Irish Stout last week.I think I am going to do another Irish stout but add the lme and booster. The first two batches were just basic, I want to start slow and learn before I try more advanced stuff.

• Like 2

lol, RickBeer. I did what you and many others suggested and spent hours and hours reading old post and searching topics. I am taking baby steps, the beer is good and it looks like not only the best way but the only way to gain the knowledge to improve.

• Like 2

The Home Brewer's Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem, Answers to Every Question by Ashton Lewis, columnist for Brew Your Own

Everyone should read this.  Then you will know just about everything except how things will taste lol.

• Like 1