Mr.Beer Community
robbp12

Customer Service

Want to thank Renee W for her help in an LBK replacement.

very nice to work with. Mr. Beer customer support is top notch and will always get my business!

• Like 4

Thank you.  We try to make every phone call and email the best they can possibly be.  Renee is awesome.

• Like 2

Renee was rude to me.

I should get free stuff.  

Just saying...

Renee was rude to me.

I should get free stuff.  

Just saying...

That doesn't sound like Renee at all. She's our Customer Service Manager and has always been very respectful to the customers, even when they're being rude themselves.

• Like 1

Josh: Me thinks Vakko is busting your chops just for free stuff...he never clarified anything and thus sarcasm was his intent...

Salud my friends

• Like 2

Renee was rude to me.

I should get free stuff.  

Just saying...

..............................u can have my plastic bottles, i have no need for them, sum free stuff
  • Like 1

Contacted customer service to have my shipping address changed on an order I placed and spoke with @MRB Tim  Took him all of 30 seconds to recognize who was calling. Thank you for the help, brother. You rock. 

Viva La 25th!!!!

• Like 8

yea those guys messed up on a order for me, so Tim to make it right sent me all of his secret beer stash from under his desk!! OOOPS!  I wasn't suppose to post that! Sorry Tim!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

secret beer stash

Right, that secret that I keep talking about and posting pictures of

I guess the mr. beer product website went down, but not before I ordered the 4 pack seasonal for only 99 cents!! I couldn't believe it! I thot it was another clearance so I ordered 20 4 packs!!!  then I went into a frenzy and bought 50 of every refill @ .50 cents a can, 50 of every craft refill .75 cents a can!!!! then I woke up realizing it was all just a dream.........................................................................................................

• Like 2

Has anyone had an issue with the newer LBK? I purchased a second keg and as I sanitized it I noticed how much darker it was than the original. I cannot even see the liquid level. I contacted Renee and apparently she does not see this as a problem. Have you ever tried pouring into a keg while holding a flashlight? It appears to be poor quality control with no remedy from customer service.

9 hours ago, rsnake2 said:

Has anyone had an issue with the newer LBK? I purchased a second keg and as I sanitized it I noticed how much darker it was than the original. I cannot even see the liquid level. I contacted Renee and apparently she does not see this as a problem. Have you ever tried pouring into a keg while holding a flashlight? It appears to be poor quality control with no remedy from customer service.

I just picked up one of the new ones a few weeks ago and used it for the first time last week.  I didn't really have an issue seeing the liquid level.  I pour the wort into the LBK in my sink, and I've got a light right above the sink.

I got a few of the newer ones and yes they are darker but that's a good thing and haven't had any problems with seeing in when filling, maybe a flashlight would help..

5 hours ago, RickBeer said:

Lighting above makes the line most visible.

I am thinking of making a silver permanent marker or stick on tape line on the outside. Even with a light over my sink I do have a little trouble seeing the line.

My original keg is an Amber color that is dark enough to protect but light enough to easily see my liquid levels. The newer keg is way to dark and like you an overhead light does not help. I believe the newer keg I received has been poorly manufactured as the color is not consistent.  Pouring hot liquids while holding a flashlight in the opening is not terribly safe.

Unless I'm missing something, if you're making the standard two gallon recipe you don't need to be holding a flashlight while pouring the hot wort as there's no danger of over-filling the keg or even filling it to above the "2" mark.  When I pour my wort in I have the LBK in my sink so I can't see the marks anyway, no matter how much light there is in the room.  I then take the LBK out of the sink while adding the additional cold water to fill it to the "2" line.

The point is the levels are easily seen through the "original" keg and are not able to be seen at all through the "new" keg. If you are working with something where the levels are important then you should be able to see them without special lighting. There is nothing in the instructions about having to use a flashlight in order to brew. The original is transparent and the new keg is opaque. They are not the same.

20161219_174607.jpg

the new ones are supposed to be darker to make sure that there is less of a chance for new brewers to end up with off flavors,,even in your pic I can see the wort level...

... only due to the camera flash...  so I will take photos to work out the liquid levels..

and for the record when I suggested a flashlight,I meant when your filling with cold water to the first line and topping off with cold water to the second line, ?