Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
jrhopkins

Most Popular Mr. B LBK Recipe?

Hey all, I was looking through some of the Mr. B recipes and was wondering what some of the most popular and highly rated ones are? Some have reviews, others don't. The ones with reviews have so few that it's tough to make a call as to whether they are overall reliable or accurate. Some of the ones that don't sound pretty good, but it's hard to tell.

Is there a general consensus for favorites and what are they?

tell us what you like to drink...  maybe we can help you match your tastes to the perfect kit.  josh from mr beer probably can in a flash. he's a great help.

Those sound good.  I'll look into those.  

I don't really have any one particular style.  Maybe seasonal styles for the particular time of year or that go well with the weather at that time.  With the summer coming up, I thought an IPA would be pretty refreshing in the heat.  One of my all time favorites is Lagunitas IPA from Petaluma, CA.  I'd love to find one close to that one!  

Any other suggestions?

If you really wanted to, you can get really close to remaking a current commercial beer.  It's commonly referred to as a clone.  I would try to find a clone recipe and then we can help you convert it to MrB ingredients.

The diablo ipa is a good hme here. Not sure what your experience or comfort level is with hop or lme additions but is pretty hoppy just straight up. There is a diablo recipe by blackduck on the forum that has gotten good reviews. Havent done it yet but is on my list to brews to make.

Those sound good.  I'll look into those.  

I don't really have any one particular style.  Maybe seasonal styles for the particular time of year or that go well with the weather at that time.  With the summer coming up, I thought an IPA would be pretty refreshing in the heat.  One of my all time favorites is Lagunitas IPA from Petaluma, CA.  I'd love to find one close to that one!  

Any other suggestions?

wheat ales are good in the summer